- Benefits of educational institutions in Dubai
- Features of schooling in the UAE
- Education in the University of the Emirates
- Language Schools in Dubai
In the UAE , many programs have been developed for schoolchildren and students, and many schools accept children from all over the world. In recent decades, the number of academic programs has increased several times! Dubai is the most densely populated city in the United Arab Emirates, one of the most popular cities among tourists, one of the top 50 most visited cities in the world and one of the safest cities in the world. It is a multinational city where eastern and western culture, traditions and innovations meet.
Benefits of educational institutions in Dubai
- This city attracts foreigners with a warm climate, comfortable living in an international environment
- Expats make up about 80% of the population: almost all communication in the UAE takes place in English , so study here allows you to combine language training and familiarity with an amazing eastern country
- In the Muslim country, there are general rules for all: it prohibits the use of alcohol and drugs
- Annually, the state of the Arab Emirates invests huge sums of money for education, thanks to which wonderful educational institutions appear in the country.
Features of schooling in the UAE
- Private schools will be the best place for school children from abroad, although secondary education can be obtained in public schools. In Dubai, there are about 170 independent schools, in which 265,000 pupils from 183 countries of the world study. Since the UAE has a huge number of visitors, the educational system is flexible enough and adapted to the needs of a multinational society. Here you can find educational programs adopted in various countries of the world: French , German , Canadian , American and Indian, about 30% of schools are oriented to British educational models.
- Pre-school education involves the passage of a certain preparation for the school. At school you can study for 11-13 years. Classes in schools begin on September 1; in a number of schools separate education is practiced, when from the 7th grade the boys start to learn separately from the girls. Obviously, the students study the Arabic language, if desired, one can learn the basics of Islamic culture. Bording schools are not very common, it is often assumed that they live together with their parents.
- For visiting children, schooling takes place on a commercial basis, while the price of training may vary depending on the chosen training program, school rating, age. So, the most expensive study is in schools with programs on the British model: in the upper grades the cost can increase several times in comparison with the initial classes.
- In order to enter a local school, it is necessary to pass the standard tests for Europe and the USA: SAT , IB Diploma , IGCSE , Advanced Placement.
Education in the University of the Emirates
- There are about 100 higher education institutions in the country, including three state and about 30 branches of international universities, the rest - private educational institutions. Foreign students study on a fee basis, regardless of the type of institution and only on full-time education. Programs of universities are based on the British model of education - here you can get a bachelor's, master's and doctor's degree. The most popular faculties among foreign students are hotel business, tourism, architecture and oil production.
- The requirements for admission can be very different: some universities will need to take entrance exams, while in others the main requirement is a one-time payment for the entire course of study. As in British universities, before entering, Russian students will first have to unlearn a special Foundation preparation course or to study a year at the university in the Motherland because of the difference in educational standards.
- As for the language of instruction, many universities study in Arabic, but international affiliates offer English-language programs. It is necessary to provide a certificate of passing the language test IELTS or TOEFL .
- The cost can also be different: for example, training in a public institution will cost about $ 5000 to $ 11,000, in branches of British universities the price will be twice as much - $ 20,000. British GSCE and A-Level programs operate at the Kent College Dubai College, costing $ 26,700 a year.
- The legalization of the diploma requires professional translation into English or Arabic + it will be required to legally (notarially) certify the document in the country of its accreditation. Visas are processed by universities: as a rule, a visa is issued for the prospective study period and, if necessary, can be extended. It is also necessary to provide a package of documents: copies of internal and foreign passports, a certificate, medical insurance, a certificate of payment for the entire training course (if necessary), as well as a certificate that confirms the financial viability of the applicant.
Language Schools in Dubai
After universities, language schools are on the list of the most demanded educational institutions for foreigners. Great popularity is enjoyed both in courses of studying English and Arabic, so here you can find high-quality programs for foreigners. The most top-notch programs are available here: business English, intensive, preparatory courses for passing language exams and much more. Eton Institute Dubai has rich English language programs, which cost from 1500AED for 4 weeks.