- The advantages of education in Canadian schools
- Education system in Canada: forms and types of education
- Features of pre-school education
- Canadian Schools: Principles of Development and Upbringing
- Popular pre-university training courses
- Features of programs at Canadian universities and colleges
- Opportunities for Russian students
- What are the programs for foreigners: requirements and prices
For Russian students and schoolchildren, exactly as for foreigners, Canada has developed many interesting programs that differ in quality and availability financially. Canada is one of the few countries in the world that provides the best conditions and prospects for graduates.
The advantages of education in Canadian schools
- In Canada, one of the best conditions for life: a safe, quiet country with a high standard of living
- The quality of local educational institutions is higher than many European ones, and students, as a rule, easily find a job and are able to stay in the country from 1 to 3 years after graduation
- There is an opportunity to gain experience in leading companies in the world
- Grants and scholarships for international students can significantly reduce the cost of training
- Studying at least two languages ( French and English )
- Modern practical programs, and the cost of training is lower than in the US and Britain .
Education system in Canada: forms and types of education
Average profile school
Features of pre-school education
As such, there are no kindergartens in Canada, instead of them there are specially accredited centers, places in which are limited and training in which is paid. In order to prepare the child for school loads, parents give it to special courses. Working with children in the kindergarten takes place in the form of gaming, but it is here that responsibility and independence begin to be laid - the highest values of the Canadian education system. The main principles of teaching children include the development of individual traits, the promotion of creativity and emphasis on sports development.
Canadian Schools: Principles of Development and Upbringing
- Private boarding schools offer study for 3-semester programs, which greatly speeds up the passage of studies (thanks to this training can be completed much faster)
- Unlike Russian in Canadian schools, no one is forced to study - this is the business of every student. There are only a few mandatory courses, most of the subjects the student chooses himself
- In Canada, you can choose the language of instruction: French or English. In the east and south-east of the country there are schools whose language of instruction is French, and the rest of the country is taught in English
- The local schools have the most modern equipment, the training facilities are diverse and correspond to the highest level
- Both in private and in public, schools of Russian children are accepted on a fee basis
- Upon graduation from secondary school, students receive a Graduation Certificate.
Popular pre-university training courses
- Advanced Placement (AP) - course of in-depth study of selected subjects at the level of the first year at the university
- Semester-System is the most popular in Canada. During the year, students study 8 subjects, four per semester
- International Baccalaureate, IB is a highly sought-after course with a serious preparation for the top universities in the world . The IB diploma opens the doors of any university.
Features of programs at Canadian universities and colleges
In colleges, academic courses are different in orientation to practice: business administration, accounting, web design, etc. are studied. It is especially worth noting institutions that provide a university base, but in general colleges and institutes give diplomas and certificates in technical and semi-professional fields. Methods and methods of teaching correspond to modern pedagogical tendencies.
Great popularity among foreign students is enjoyed by: Royal Roads University , University Canada West , Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning , University of Manitoba.
Tuition in universities is paid. Students are faced with the task of creating a curriculum themselves, which subjects to study. The most prestigious faculties are the faculties of jurisprudence and medicine. Universities offer programs that award students a degree:
Level of education
Post-graduate theoretical programs Postgraduate
Post-graduate research programs, PhD-course
Opportunities for Russian students
- Work while studying. Foreign students have the right to earn extra money
- Scholarships and grants.
In order for a future bachelor to receive financial support, he needs:
- Enroll in the university right after school or college (sometimes it is allowed that the student enrolled in the University of Canada after two years after graduation)
- High GPA (average score) of the certificate
- 7.0 and higher in the IELTS language test.
- grant final work and talk about the planned research work
- availability of publications and teaching experience.
There are a lot of scholars who want to get a scholarship - according to statistics, 1 student from 40 applicants receives financial assistance. Postgraduate students (for example, undergraduates) can also apply for financial assistance if the following conditions are met:
Canada has state scholarships for graduate students: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS), Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS). There are also independent scholarships from various organizations: Trudeau Foundation Awards, Mitacs Accelerate, Anne Vallee Ecological Fund. A few examples of existing scholarships from Canadian universities:
- York University International Student Scholarships: 20000-35000CAD $
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students: 5000CAD $
- Carleton University Entrance Scholarships for International Students: 1000-4000CAD $
- Guardianship. Schoolchildren from abroad who have not reached the age of 18 are required to have an official representative
- Homologation of diplomas. As those wishing to continue their education in Canadian educational institutions, as well as those who are eager to find work here, they must undergo a procedure for the confirmation of diplomas. The certification of diplomas and certificates is carried out by special organizations that have the permission for this
- The most popular accommodation options are: in the host family, in private boarding schools, in the residences of universities
- After graduation, the student has the following options:
- Graduates of universities can stay in Canada for a period of 1 to 3 years
- Academic career. Unlike the EU, in Canada there are no restrictions on the number of people in a certain position. To begin an academic career, you must obtain a Ph.D. Salary at the initial stage Assistant Professor will be $ 5,500 CAD.
What are the programs for foreigners: requirements and prices
Average cost per academic year
Zero language knowledge and above
$ CAD300 per week
Average level of language proficiency
IELTS 6.5 / DALF C1
IELTS 6.5-7 / DALF C1