- Benefits of studying in the state of California
- In what cities of California are studying Russian and foreigners, leisure
- Multi-level national education system of the USA
- Pre-university programs for Russian and foreigners in California
- List of California top-end training centers with pre-university programs
- Getting Higher Education in California
- Work for students in America, obtaining a visa
- How can I cover the costs of studying at an American university?
California is a developed state of America, where students and students from all over the world come to school with pleasure. This state contributed to the development of the American education system: it was here in the 60s of the XX century that a special group developed training programs for higher education, and as a result, a unified system of higher education for the United States was created. The main goal is to make education of high quality accessible to all (this idea is supported even now). Every year, teaching methods are improved, preserving centuries-old traditions and standards.
A nice bonus of learning in California - students have access to beach rest, because most of the state's cities are located on the Pacific coast.
Benefits of studying in the state of California
- graduates have the right to obtain a work permit in the US
- schoolchildren and students have great opportunities for leisure, active lifestyles
- here are popular natural objects: parks, volcanoes, lakes, Death Valley and other
- The secondary school curriculum includes subjects to choose from
- Graduation diplomas and certificates are recognized all over the world
- Children communicate daily with native English speakers
- School classes are formed taking into account the mental abilities and talents of children.
In what cities of California are studying Russian and foreigners, leisure
The most popular cities in the state for training are the following:
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- San diego
Berkeley and Stanford are prestigious and famous research centers - in cities there are such elite universities as the University of California at Berkeley and Stanford University.
For students and students in California, accessible a diverse excursion program, they will have the opportunity to such popular places as:
- the Golden Gate Bridge
- Walk of Fame Hollywood
- Alcatraz Island
- Death Valley
- Silicon Valley
- Universal Studio
- Beverly Hills
- Santa Barbara and others.
Multi-level national education system of the USA
Despite the fact that each state has an Education Department that develops a curriculum, the general education system consists of the following stages:
- preschool education from 3 to 5 years - in the usual sense, there are no kindergartens: children spend their time in private children's centers under the supervision of educators. There is no strict curriculum - at this stage attention is paid to the characteristics of upbringing, and all training is carried out in the game
- primary classes from 1 to 5 - from 6 years of education in the United States is compulsory: to enter the school for foreign children you must take the California English Language Development Test (CELDT) for English. At this stage, children are introduced to the basic principles of US education
- middle classes from 6 to 8 - children learn basic subjects (the curriculum defines each state individually). The cost differs depending on the status of the school and its location - for example, the price of tuition for children aged 11 to 16 in Southwestern Academy (San Marino) is $ 48,850 / year
- senior classes from 9 to 12 - students are given freedom in choosing subjects for study, and yet there is a compulsory list of subjects for the diploma of High School Diploma + in addition to the choice of subjects, students have the opportunity to choose the intensity of classes. Foreigners and Russians can take a senior course at the prestigious Malibu Olympic High School - the cost is 39,390 $ / year - foreign boarders live in host families that are carefully selected for participation in the program
- High School Diploma graduation is not limited to: students have the opportunity to study in the Advanced Placement program, for example, at the boarding school Webb Schools . Students spend two years studying the selected subjects at an in-depth level - this is an advantage when entering a university.
Most American children receive secondary education in public schools and only 10-20% in private schools . Public schools are free - in this way, the more subjects the student learns through the school curriculum, the less he will have to pay for the program at the college. Foreign students can attend intensive supportive courses "English as a foreign language" (ESL), if their level of language knowledge is not enough to understand the foreign program.
Pre-university programs for Russian and foreigners in California
Preparatory courses increase the readiness of children to study in higher education institutions: for foreign and Russian students these programs can be an obligatory level of training, as the educational systems of Russia and America differ. Children increase the level of academic knowledge and English, adapt to life in California, combine rest with study. Examples of pre-university programs:
- University Pathway Program is implemented on the basis of the university or in the training centers, after the end there is a possibility to transfer immediately to the 2nd course or 2 semester of the 1 course of the bachelor's program. For admission to the University Pathway Program, you must provide a certificate of secondary education (Russian students can apply after 11th grade)
- International Year One is one of the ways to enter an American university for international students. In California, there are more than 300 colleges and universities, many of which support this program in a variety of areas, the curriculum is designed for 2 years
- Undergraduate Preparation Program - a pre-university program from 1 to 6 semesters, the duration of which depends on the level of the student's preparation with any level of knowledge of the English language. Students continue to study at universities, where they enter after the end of the program.
List of California top-end training centers with pre-university programs
- Marymount California University (Los Angeles) provides students from around the world with the opportunity to study under the International Year One, High School Support Program, the University Pathways Graduate Preparation Program, the Undergraduate Preparation Program
- ILSC San Francisco Language School (San Francisco) offers the University Pathway Program, general English courses, business English, TOEFL courses, an IELTS express course. The international network ILSC has a large number of partner universities, where you can get higher education. The cost of the course of the University Pathway Program is from $ 330 / week, the express course of preparation for IELTS is $ 450 / week
- The Stafford House San Diego (San Diego) is part of an international network of language schools. English courses are offered to the students: business courses (from $ 360 / week), TOEFL courses (from $ 360 / week), FCE and CAE courses from ($ 3600/10 weeks), preparatory courses for students from (400) $ / week).
Getting Higher Education in California
Stages of training:
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years
- magistracy, 2 years
- doctoral studies, 1-3 years.
Top list of universities in California:
- Stanford University (Stanford) is among the most elite and popular universities in the US: the cost of the undergraduate program is from $ 38,600 per year, magistracy from $ 40,500 per year. The University includes 7 separate schools: medicine, law, humanities and natural sciences, engineering, pedagogy, geography, business
- Academy of Art University (San Francisco) - the largest private art school in the US is developing in the following areas: interior design, animation, illustration, videography, cinema and fashion. The price of study for the academic year: bachelor - from $ 22086, magistracy - $ 22500
- Woodbury University odbury University (Los Angeles) is considered one of the best universities in the field of business. The cost of 1 year undergraduate program - from 41,000 $, magistracy - 22100 $.
Work for students in America, obtaining a visa
While studying, the student receives a visa M-1 or F-1: the second is more common and allows you to work during your studies 20 hours / week (except for vacation time), unlike M-1. During the first year of study, the F-1 visa does not permit a participant to participate in the academic program outside the university, but after graduation, the graduate can apply for a work permit for 12 months (graduates of a number of specialties - science, engineering, mathematics - for 24 months) .
How can I cover the costs of studying at an American university?
There are several ways to get money for studying at a university:
- research grant
- study grant
- Fulbright Scholarship
- work at the university.
Everyone has a chance and needs to use it! The money received can cover both part of the costs and the full cost of the trip (academic program, accommodation, flights, etc.).