- Main advantages and peculiarities of study
- Principles of raising children in the period of preschool and secondary education
- Popular Universities in Austria
- Diplomas and degrees of higher education in Austria
- Topical information for Russian students
- What are the programs for foreigners: prices and types of training
Austria is an excellent option for studying for Russian and foreigners - it is no coincidence that this country ranks 14th in the world in popularity among foreign students. Training here gives a real chance to stay in Europe and receive high wages. It attracts students from all over the world with its developed infrastructure and economy, unique culture and excellent conditions for living in a state with a favorable climate
Main advantages and peculiarities of study
- Austrian universities are in the tops of the world, graduates receive international diplomas, which are highly appreciated by employers
- The country is friendly, the towns are quiet, safe and environmentally friendly. The standard of living here is very high, as is the level of education. All this provides fast and comfortable adaptation to the new environment
- Multidisciplinary teaching: a wide range of programs and courses has been developed
- Teach in educational centers mainly in German and English
- In the local universities you can enter after school education: this is a great advantage and the main difference from other European countries, where the main requirement for applicants is the passage of two semesters in a domestic institution of higher learning
- Another important difference from education in the EU countries is low fees and admission without entrance examinations: from 380 € per semester, while in Britain the cost of training will be from 10,000 € -35,000 €, in Switzerland 25,000 €, in France -14,000 €.
Principles of raising children in the period of preschool and secondary education
As a rule, in the priority game forms of learning, the development of creative abilities: the motto of the pre-school stage can be called "childhood must remain a childhood". In work with children they look at their readiness for training and do not rush anywhere. Pre-school education is paid and is not considered compulsory. The main task of educators is the socialization of children. As in other European countries, much attention is paid to the development of linguistic skills: after all, the broad knowledge of European languages is one of the main factors of a successful career in the EU, of course, English is a priority.
4-6 years old
6-11 years old
10-14 years old
14-18 years old
In the pedagogical method lie different from the Russian education principles: freedom of choice, the formation of cognitive interest, an individual approach. It is noteworthy that Austrian students do not write off: they simply do not understand why to do this, because they need their studies themselves.
The following types of institutions operate in Austria:
- Volkschule - training here involves the acquisition of general secondary education
- Allgemeinbildende Höhere Schule - the lower general educational level: here pupils are offered a more in-depth study of subjects, and from the 7th grade begin the profile subjects
- Hauptschule - the main school, where they study for 5 years and prepare for further vocational education
- Gymnasiums are the most prestigious places in which it is extremely difficult to get: it is necessary to demonstrate the highest knowledge in mathematics and linguistics
- Private boarding schools provide the highest quality education. It is important that all subjects are taught in English: students are offered IB programs and directions on the American educational model.
After the end of 9 classes, some graduates go to study in professional educational institutions, while others prepare for higher education in higher education. Successful passing exams allows you to get a Matura certificate.
Popular Universities in Austria
Diplomas of universities can be obtained at the following educational institutions:
- classical universities
- universities of arts
- state higher pedagogical schools
- applied higher colleges
Study in universities is possible in German or English. Among the student cities in Austria, Vienna ranks first: it has about 15 top universities in the country, including Webster University Vienna , Medical University of Vienna , Vienna Technical University , Wittenborg University Vienna and many others. Particularly popular faculties in Austria are: mathematics, chemistry, geography, philology and cultural studies. Academic programs in educational institutions are very flexible: the student himself chooses the subjects of interest for study. Freedom of choice is one of the main methods of educating children, which forms feelings of responsibility for one's destiny and independence.
Diplomas and degrees of higher education in Austria
Topical information for Russian students
- Scholarships and grants. In Austria, a student from abroad can safely expect to receive financial support, there is a large number of scholarship programs. Usually, scholarship programs for foreigners are issued on a competitive basis. The lists of scholarships and grants, as well as the conditions for their receipt, can be viewed on the sites on this subject or clarify the opportunities for specialists from Smapse
- Legalization of the certificate. In order to enroll in a higher educational institution in Austria, it is necessary to legalize the Russian certificate:
- Nostrification of the diploma. A foreign student can confirm his / her diploma by passing the missing examinations to the university or contact the Austrian Accreditation Council
- Features of accommodation. For children under 18, the best option is to study and live in private boarding schools, which provide comfortable accommodation options on campus, where children are under constant supervision and the issue of custody is promptly resolved.
- Work during study: according to the Austrian legislation, a student from abroad can work at least 20 hours a week. As a rule, you can earn about 350 € per week. However, before hiring a foreigner, the employer must obtain a work permit - Austria has quotas that can be the cause of the refusal
After graduation, the student has the following options:
- Apostille of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation
- Translate the certificate in German
- Notarize translation
It is possible for students to live in a dormitory in double rooms, however, not all are accommodated in the hostel. Very often students from abroad rent an apartment.
- a graduate of an Austrian university can stay in the country for 6 months to find a job
- academic career: while still a student, a graduate student can take the post of associate professor, work as a lecturer or participant in a research project. After doctoral studies you can get a permanent and very prestigious job. The percentage at the initial stage is not more than 3000 € per month.
What are the programs for foreigners: prices and types of training
Average cost per semester
Study and rest in the summer camp
From 6 years
Zero language knowledge and above
800 € per week
Education in language schools
From 9 years
700 € per week
Older than 10 years
Average level of language proficiency
Older than 16
From 17 years old
Test DAF 4
From 20 years old
Test DAF 4 / DELF C1
Test DAF 4