- Advantages, basic features of the training system in Australia
- Education system: main educational levels and programs
- Education system in Australia
- Opportunities for Russian students
- What are the programs for foreigners: types of training and language requirements
The training system of Australia is characterized by flexibility, orientation to practice, high quality of teaching. All this attracts students from all over the world. Australian teaching methods are based on the most relevant ideas of the modern English educational system.
Advantages, basic features of the training system in Australia
- Popularity and high ratings in the ratings. Australia is a very popular country among foreign students - it ranks third in the number of students from abroad. In addition, there are 7 universities in the TOP-100 higher education institutions in the world , and in general the national education system took the 7th place in the Universitas rating.
- Comfortable living conditions. Local cities occupy high places in the ranking for the following indicators: the contingent of students, the availability of education, the quality of life of students from abroad and the probability of successful employment
- Prices for training and accommodation. Prices for tuition and accommodation are well below the British, American and European programs
- Prestigiousness of education. The diploma of the Australian university is highly appreciated all over the world
- Permission to work while studying. Get a work permit during the school year and find a job will not be difficult
- Opportunity to get acquainted with a unique country. In Australia it is impossible not to fall in love: it is a country with a unique flora and fauna, beautiful cities and pleasant inhabitants.
Education system: main educational levels and programs
- Institutions adopted the principles of the English system of education + learning takes place in English , which is not very different from state to state
- In Australia, the dual principles of education are common and upon completion of certain university programs one can obtain a dual specialty, for example, in the field of finance and law
- The basis of training is the system of qualifications
- All students from abroad become members of the trade union and receive the same benefits as local students
- The academic year, like in Russia, is divided into quarters: in every 12 weeks, the beginning of studies is at the end of January and the end of the year for December.
Education system in Australia
Name of institution
Age of child
Diplomas and types of certificates
1. Primary School
6-12 years old
2. Junior Secondary
12-16 years old
3. Senior Secondary
16-17 years old
Higher School Certificate
4. Secondary special education / Primary
16-18 years old
Certificate or diploma
18-22 years old
6. Postgraduate education
2. Forms and process of education in leading schools in Australia
About 71% of educational institutions are state-owned, the rest - independent boarding institutions , which are especially popular among Russian students. From state to state, there may be some differences in the organization of training, but all schools - both public and private boarding schools - have established themselves as institutions with a high level of teaching. Gaming forms of training are used, a diverse interactive is used. A lot of time is devoted to the upbringing and development of physical culture, and an individual approach is recognized as the head. As in the British institutions, there are a lot of circles and electives. One of the advantages of the programs in their flexibility, unlike the English school, is that Australian children can enter at any age, plus English courses for foreigners.
3. Studying after school
Post-secondary education is compulsory for overseas students and involves preparation for higher education institutions. There are probably two ways of preparing:
- Prepare for the university in special courses offered by the university. With successful study on the course, the student is guaranteed to enter the first year of the university
- To graduate from the TAFE college, upon completion of which the enrollment for the second year of the university is guaranteed.
TAFE programs allow you to get a professional education and get a good job or continue your education in a university. In colleges, you can get training on the most relevant and demanded programs. At the end of the college students receive either a certificate from the 1st to the 4th degree, or a regular or advanced diploma. Terms of courses for obtaining a certificate vary from 12 to 52 weeks, but for a diploma you need to study for about 2-3 years.
4 . List of the best universities, features of training
Australian universities offer the most relevant academic programs, among which the following faculties are especially popular:
- Information Technology
- faculty of medicine
- finance and economics
- marine biology
- MBA programs.
The Big Eight includes the best universities in Australia, the most prestigious and top-ranked: the National University of Australia, Sydney University, Western Australia State University, Adelaide University and others. The local universities operate the principle of independent education of children, students are not forced to attend lectures and perform academic assignments. Before attending classes, it is suggested to read certain material, but it is not necessary. The only requirement is the attendance of practical seminars.
Opportunities for Russian students
- Scholarships and grants for foreigners. Almost every university offers scholarships to foreign students who meet the classical requirements: excellent study and excellent knowledge of English (determined by the results of international testing). With the help of high scholarships, you can cover the costs of training. On average, scholarships range from $ 3000 CAD to $ 9,000 CAD. Anyone from abroad has the right to participate in the competition for an academic scholarship of the country (Endeavor Scholarships and Fellowships), which provides an opportunity to receive training on a master's and doctoral program for free.
- Work while studying. Students from Australian universities can work no more than 20 hours a week.
- Confirmation of the certificate. Since the Australian system of education is based on the educational standards of Britain, then there are similar rules: because of the difference in the duration of secondary education, it is necessary to pass the Foundation course in order to enter the university of Australia
- After graduation, the student has the right: to obtain a work permit for two years, and some training courses give the opportunity to stay in the country for two years of practice.
What are the programs for foreigners: types of training and language requirements
Language and academic requirements
Average cost per semester
300USD per week
High school programs
College - TAFE (Diploma)
IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 53
College - TAFE (Advanced diploma)
TAFE Certificate 2
Preparatory year (Foundation)
IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80
IELTS 7.5 / TOEFL 105, GRE, Bachelor Degree
IELTS 7.5 / TOEFL 105, GRE, Master Degree