English+summer vacation in Taunton Summer School
Quick overview: Summer school for international high school students (13-17 years) provides educational language program during summer vacation.
About the educational program:
- 15 language classes (English) + 10 hours of academic preparation per week;
- Small educational groups (up to 10 students);
- Minimum level for admission: from Elementary;
- Minimum duration: 3 weeks.
This is a combined course in English (in fairly intensive mode) and the main subjects of the school curriculum. International students can not only significantly improve their skills and knowledge, but also prepare for graduation and entrance exams, all combined with a rich and interesting program of leisure.
Before the beginning of classes, upon arrival, all students write a special test for the level of knowledge, which distributes them into separate groups (age parameter is also taken into account). The focus is on the development of vocabulary, literacy and fluency in speech, both oral and written, and the listening and reading skills are also improved.
In addition, the curriculum includes up to 6 subjects per personal choice of each student. List of subjects to study:
- The science;
- Foreign languages (French, German or Spanish);
- Business technology;
- International trade;
- Theatrical skills;
- English literature;
At the end of the training, students are given a corporate certificate that confirms the level of knowledge with a full report on academic performance.
In their spare time, students have the opportunity to engage in various sports:
There are show programs and themed parties, a talent contest, bowling, and joint film screenings in the evenings.
On weekends a lot of interesting and informative excursions are provided:
- Exeter (quite a lively, large and developed cathedral city);
- London (capital and unique);
- Bristol (a large commercial and business center of the south-west of England);
- Longleat (safari in the heart of England);
- Bournemouth (a multinational, lively city on the coast).
Periods of educational program:
- July 2-23;
- July 23-August 13;
- August 13-September 3.
Duration of the educational course: 3,6 or 9 weeks.
Arrivals and departures: on Saturdays - arrival from 6:00 to 18:00, departure from 8:00 to 20:00 (Heathrow, Bristol or Gatwick).