English for Chefs in SWISSAM - Institute of Hotel, Restaurant and Culinary Arts (St. Petersburg)
The program of Education of chefs and pastry chefs (ACF Diploma in Culinary Arts):
1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of Education : 6.5 months
3. Classes start: February, March, May, July, September, November
4. Level of English: minimum A1 / Pre-Intermediate
5. Educational level: higher / general, professional
6. Language of instruction: English (+ support in Russian).
ACF Culinary Arts (Advanced Culinary Program for Chefs) is a unique professional program of Education and Education of chefs and pastry chefs, which gives unique knowledge, skills and abilities. The Education is carried out by the best specialists of the University and invited stars: David Mottl (owner of the Michelin star), Konstantin Ivlev (famous chef, TV presenter), Anton Abrezov (concept chief, TV presenter of author's programs) and many others. The head of the program is SWISSAM specialist Josef Fleissner, known for his unrivaled level of professionalism and cooperating with the best hotels. For 6.5 months of Education students get all the necessary knowledge and skills in order to become a highly qualified specialist, be ready to lead a complex system of management and "life" of the kitchen. Professional internships and career support further strengthen and develop skills and competencies, help to acquire the necessary contacts and show oneself. All without exception, graduates easily find a job and are moving along the career ladder. The international diploma is awarded from the American Culinary Federation (ACF), graduates are awarded the ACF Diploma in Culinary Arts (Diploma in Culinary Arts) degree.
Disciplines and modules of the program:
- Introduction to the profession
- Sanitary norms and safety
- Dairy products, eggs, cheeses
- Soups and sauces
- Seafood and fish
- Vegetables, spices, herbs, food colorings
- Cold starters
- Meat and game
- Su-type and low-temperature cooking methods
- Nutritional value of products in the menu
- Basics of baking
- Food industry, wine and drinks
- Purchasing and computing
- Paid internship
- Recipes and Menu Models
- The final exam.
- Cook / Confectioner / Baker
- Chef / Confectioner / Chef
- Manager of kitchen / restaurant
- Restaurant owner.
Tuition fee on the program (ACF Diploma in Culinary Arts): from 432170R / 2 semesters.