- Benefits of summer school and leisure in Oxford
- Features of the Oxford language schools and camps
- Variants of accommodation, organization of children's leisure and prices
- The best language programs for children for the summer in Oxford
In Oxford, there is everything for summer study and rest to make the vacation period unforgettable! This city in the county of Oxfordshire is known primarily due to the oldest and most top high school in England and the world as a whole - Oxford University . Situated on the banks of the Thames, Oxford has many attractions and scenic spots. Educational institutions strive to confirm the popularity of this student city and to offer the most popular programs for children.
Benefits of summer school and leisure in Oxford
- One of the advantages of studying in Oxford is a wide range of programs - there are a lot to choose from here: from the classic English + Leisure courses to leadership programs, summer schools of business and entrepreneurship
- Like any other city in the United Kingdom, Oxford is an ideal place to learn English and master basic language skills. Here is a unique opportunity to listen to pure English speech with the famous British accent! Even after being here for a short period, schoolchildren begin to better understand English speech and strive for perfect pronunciation.
- Here one can get one of the most prestigious and qualitative formations in the whole world. Educational programs in Britain have proved so high and open prospects for graduates of local educational institutions that training in Britain has long been a brand and a measure of success.
- Many schoolchildren after summer holidays in Britain decide to continue their education abroad : preparatory courses have been developed here that will help to tighten up knowledge of school subjects, train in passing entrance examinations to the leading universities of Europe and, in general, get acquainted with student life abroad.
Features of the Oxford language schools and camps
The organizers and educators of summer language institutions understand perfectly well that studying in the summer for a schoolboy is not the most desired enterprise, therefore summer camp programs are combined, and life in the camp is filled with various events where English lessons become a joy and an urgent necessity: communicating among peers from other countries, children quickly become aware of the value of high linguistic knowledge. There is a complete immersion in the language environment: native speakers are engaged with children, and English becomes the only effective means of communication.
- Linguistic program - children are waiting for a well-thought-out and proven English language training program. About 15-20 interesting lessons are held per week, however, these lessons do not end with the mastery of language skills, children continue to sharpen their skills in practice all the time. Training takes place in small groups of 8-15 people.
- Academic direction - in many camps, you can get serious preparation for the British GCSE , A-level programs, as well as for IELTS language examinations , Cambridge exams.
- Cultural and entertainment unit - every day in the camp there are any all and memorable events: parties, masquerades, quizzes and competitions. Often, the cost of recreation includes excursions, trips to England, thanks to which young tourists can experience all the uniqueness of these places.
- The sports and recreation block - a lot of attention is paid to health and physical development: excellent conditions for sports are created in the camps and sport events (horse riding, football, yachts, canoes and much more) are included in the program every day. Some camps offer special programs that will help to master a certain sport at a professional level.
Variants of accommodation, organization of children's leisure and prices
Perhaps several options for accommodation: in the host family, camp residences and hostels. Wherever a child lives for the period of the summer program, he is guaranteed comfort and safety. All institutions are equipped with the latest technology: there are cafeterias, lounges, Internet cafes, libraries and much more. Nutrition, as a rule, is organized three meals a day.
The best language programs for children for the summer in Oxford
Examples of institutions
Features of the programs
Age of pupils
This educational institution is ideal for schoolchildren who want to get acquainted with the university environment of Britain. There is an inspiring atmosphere here, and the school itself is in a calm and very picturesque area. The camp programs will provide an interesting time in Oxford for studying and rest.
from £ 1722
The program "English + Leisure" includes 21 hours a week of English classes. An integrated approach is applied, thanks to which the language barrier is removed in the shortest possible time. The program is suitable for both continuing studies and for children with zero knowledge of the language. Course duration: from 9 - 12 August.
from £ 2630
There are several directions: summer courses for students of 10-15 years, 15-17 years, summer intensive courses for adults.
from 1760 £ (for two weeks)
The program with the scientific bias of Young Professionals begins to operate from this year. This is an ideal option for quality preparation for training in British boarding schools . There are several directions to choose from: performing arts, finance and business, communications, media and media, engineering, introduction to medicine. Theoretical studies, workshops and group projects will be conducted for each course. It's not so much taught the English language, how many are immersed in academic subjects.
from £ 1460
The private boarding school offers a huge selection of programs that combine the study of English with the profound mastery of school subjects: physics, chemistry, cinema, programming, finance, engineering, architecture. In addition, here you can prepare for the SAT entrance exams or the IELTS language test.
from 4295 £