Switzerland is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful, prosperous and wealthy countries in the world. To a large extent, success and prosperity of this state is due to the high level of education of the population - it's no wonder that Swiss schools , universities and centers are among the prestigious, rating and elite institutions of the world. In addition to a large number of long-term educational programs, summer schools for foreigners are held annually, including for Russians, who seek to spend the summer holidays profitably, combine study and rest and get a lot of pleasant impressions. Switzerland is a country with a unique history and traditions, where language diversity is especially striking - residents usually own two, three or more languages. German, French, Italian, as well as Romansh are official, in addition English is always used. Needless to say, the level of interaction and understanding of the intricacies in communication here is very high, and participants in summer schools can fully experience this on their own. Undoubted advantage is an unusually beautiful nature - here you can enjoy mountain views, crystal lakes and breathe clean air.
Advantages of summer schools in Switzerland :
- Variety of languages studied
- The best linguistic programs (available, including for children with zero language knowledge)
- Schools are held in elite educational institutions that have high places in the ratings and excellent reviews
- High level of organization and support
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Ability to learn several languages
- Recreation includes sports, creativity, excursions, activities
- Upon completion, a certificate is issued
- Adaptation to the education system and lifestyle
- Incredible beauty and ecological cleanliness of nature.
Summer vacation schools for children are held on the basis of secondary and higher educational institutions, as well as educational and linguistic centers . The peak of the season is June, July, August, but it is possible to hold early or late summer (in May or September). The duration starts from 1 week, the standard course lasts 4 weeks. Training combines the language lessons, sports, creative development, activities. The courses are aimed not only at raising the level of ownership, but also in adapting to the way of life in the country, familiarity with traditions. The multinational composition of the participants contributes to broadening the horizons. Participants are divided into 4 age groups:
- 3-6 years. Are in the center with their parents, guardian or nanny
- 7-9 years. They can already be on board independently, employees look after children and help them
- 10-13 years. Average group, learn self-organization and responsibility
- 15-18 years. Senior group, take part in more rigorous academic courses. Many plan to enter the universities of Switzerland and abroad.
Language classes are divided into several types:
- Standard course. Activities to improve the level of
- Intensive. A large number of lessons per week
- Preparation for exams. For children of middle age and older; includes preparation for various exams
- Language with an academic bias. Special courses for those who plan to enter the educational institutions of Switzerland and other foreign countries.
The host country fully provides accommodation and meals for participants. Accommodation options:
- Residence. The most common type of accommodation is provided in the hostel on campus. There is a 1-2-bedded room, common living rooms and kitchens, recreation areas and other amenities. Meals - full board. 24-hour security and security.
- Host family. This type is less common. Children live in comfortable family houses, in their own bedroom (with private bathroom). All families undergo strict selection and monitoring by the staff. A huge plus of living in the family is the opportunity to join the Swiss culture and the rules of behavior, and actively develop language skills in everyday life.
- Individual accommodation. If necessary, you can rent an apartment / place in a hotel. This type is possible in a limited number of schools. Also, due to high rental prices, general expenses can increase significantly.
Upon termination of training the certificate is issued, it is the confirming document and is entered in a portfolio.
- College Du Leman (College Du Leman). Available French / English / Spanish courses + outdoor activities and activities. Also there is a course with a scientific bias. The cost starts from 5,700 francs for 2 weeks.
- Institut auf dem Rosenberg (Rosenberg Institute). German / French / English + leisure / sports / hobbies / travel. From 2460 francs for a week.
- Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz (Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz) . Lessons (German, French, English) + rest and activity (including a professional golf program). From 2,100 francs per week.
- Les Elfes Summer camp . Available: Discovery camp (classes + creativity and activity), Explorer camp (development of communication and teamwork skills), Pioneer camp (for those who plan to enter Swiss and foreign educational institutions). Languages: French, German, Spanish, Italian.
- Brillantmont International School Lausanne . Activities are complemented by sports, including climbing and go-karting, creative development, excursions and trips, competitions and other activities. English and French courses are available; from 2,200 francs per week.
- Alpadia Leysin Language school . Standard and intensive English and French courses + activity and recreation (including various sports, movies, theaters, entertainment). From 1400 francs a week.
The cost of participation varies depending on the institution / course / orientation and is 1500-3000 Swiss francs per week. The price usually includes:
- Language lessons
- Sport, creativity and activity
- Rest (excursions, trips, travel)
- Cultural and entertainment program (theaters, cinemas, concerts and other)
- Training aids
- Accommodation and meals.
Air tickets, registration of documents (and visas), pocket expenses are paid separately. Parents / representatives of the child should be preoccupied with choosing the institution and booking the course in advance. The income process includes:
- Filing an application
- Presentation of the necessary documents (certificate on language level, teachers' recommendations and others)
- Tuition payment
- Visa application.
Thousands and thousands of foreign students are happy to recall the unforgettable moments that this wonderful country gave them. If you are looking for a place where your child can quickly bring up the level of the language, relax and gain strength, then the best offers than those that are available in Switzerland can not be found.