- Vacation schools in the UK for the summer - study and vacation in England
- The cost of studying in the summer schools in England - prices, ratings
English is one of the most popular and popular today, so many parents take care that their younger generation know it at a good level. Of course, the best way to learn a foreign language is not in your native country, but abroad. Best of all - in a country where it is public. For example, in England . There are many educational institutions for students of all ages - children, schoolchildren and students. Language schools , camps and educational centers abroad offer a classical and high-quality education for foreigners and Russian students.
Vacation schools in the UK for the summer - study and vacation in England
The study of English in foreign centers is designed for students of different ages - from 7 to 18 years. Since all students can have a different starting level, training courses can be of several kinds of complexity. That is, studying in British summer schools is equally suitable for children with zero language knowledge, and for children with a certain base.
In England, schools are organized not only by linguistic camps , but also thematic ones: for example, adventure, sports or creative. Such schools combine with the study of English other activities. Here are all the types of summer schools in England:
- Academic summer schools. Here the program is devoted to the study of general subjects: mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, economics and others. To such educational institutions it is possible to carry Oxbridge, where foreigners and Russian students are preparing for admission to elite English universities
- Pre-university training . Such summer schools operate primarily at universities and are designed to prepare for admission to higher education students of senior grades from 16 to 18 years
- Preparation for IB and A-levels . Summer programs of this type are organized at boarding schools in England, or at other private educational institutions. Here pupils can prepare and pass one of the international tests, or tighten the overall performance of the school curriculum
- The program "English + Sport". This is a summer vacation option for schoolchildren who like to actively spend time. Here, the guys can practice their favorite sports and at the same time improve their English
- Preparation for study at a private school abroad . The training course will help students of junior, middle or senior classes prepare to enter prestigious English schools. As part of the program, the students of this summer camp will improve their English and improve their knowledge of general subjects to international standards
- Profile summer schools. This is a kind of training courses at the university. It offers a wide range of programs in various specialties of higher education (for example, in the field of medicine or jurisprudence).
The period of work at a summer language camp in England usually lasts two months - July and August. The standard duration of the curriculum at the British English school is 2 weeks, and the maximum possible duration is up to 6 weeks.
British summer schools, which are popular and invariably fall into the top lists of educational institutions for learning English abroad:
- Oxford Summer Academy . This educational organization is not part of the famous university, but it is included in the list of the best language schools in the country. During the training, foreign and Russian students choose for themselves two areas of study - the main program (major), additional (minor) + one elective. The educational process takes place on the campus of Oxford University , and the students live in one of the old colleges of the campus - St. Edmund Hall.
- King's College London (KLC) . Such a summer school for high school students is organized on the basis of one of the leading British universities in London. The institution helps the children of 16-18 years to prepare for the chosen direction for admission to the university: it can be right, political science, psychology, business management, anatomy, science or technology, anatomy. Residents of the summer school live in a residence on campus. In addition to the academic program, the students of the camp are provided with an introductory cultural program for the British capital.
- Academic Summer . Such a training center offers to children from 15 to 18 years of training programs for training in the upper grades of the A-Level or IB programs. A summer educational course can be taken in one of the cities to choose from - London, Cambridge, Bristol. A curriculum of 2 weeks duration each of the students can form from those subjects in which they are most interested. Student's study is organized with residence in the residence (pupils are accepted by prestigious boarding schools in the specified cities) and full board (meals three times a day).
- Bromsgrove School . Prestigious private school offers two leading programs for children, schoolchildren and students. The first one is called Summer Vacation Course and is suitable for schoolchildren of all ages, since it includes the study of English in its main aspects (grammar, vocabulary and speech). The second program, the Academic Preparation Course, is a preparation course for study at a boarding school abroad. In addition to studying the language, the course implies working with disciplines from the school curriculum: basic subjects and additional ones.
- St. Clare's Oxford . The summer program of preparation for the IB course is held in the college since 1977. The program is suitable for schoolchildren and students who plan to study on the relevant program or simply enroll in the UK's leading universities from the top list. The training period in the summer camp will be three weeks, which are divided into two shifts: one from July 1, the other from July 22. Each week on shifts is devoted to the study of certain disciplines: Russian and literature, natural sciences and art, mathematics and humanities.
The cost of studying in the summer schools in England - prices, ratings
The exact cost of a summer study in England will depend on several factors: the educational institution, the intensity of the program (the number of study hours per week), the type of accommodation (the school's residence, the host family), additional classes and the after-hour program.
Additional items of financial expenses for foreigners and Russian students will be the issuance of a visa, medical insurance and other documentation (registration fee and others).
The total cost can be formed taking into account all listed factors. The average price range for a standard two-week summer camp program ranges from 2,500 to 10,000 pounds sterling, depending on the status of the chosen school.