St Giles Junior summer in San Francisco is a modern learning center with high-tech equipment located in the central part of the West Coast. St. Giles Summer School San Francisco is a compact campus in a picturesque area. Here students are provided with excellent opportunities for study and leisure. In school, academic and extracurricular programs are inextricably linked.
Summer courses take place at Cal State East Bay University. This educational institution is among the best in the West Coast region. Here, students are waited by the university environment, motivating to achievements. Vacation spent in San Francisco, sure to be remembered and will bring academic benefits.
Short information. Vacation course for those wishing to interestingly relax in the summer on the American coast and improve English.
About the course. The program is combined. It is divided into academic and additional blocks. The first provides classes in classrooms (theory and practice of English). The second is an active language practice in an informal setting (on excursions, during training new sports skills, in interpersonal communication).
Students age: 10 - 17 years.
Start dates: June 28 - August 09.
Admission requirements: English - at the level of A1.
Learning outcomes: development of language, communication skills, acquiring new friends, acquaintance with One of the most tourist regions of the United States.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 50 minutes.
Cost: 1560 dollars a week, including accommodation in a double residence, meals 3 times a day, study 25 lessons per week, day excursions, sports and entertainment events in the lunch and evening.
Students are accommodated in a modern residence on the campus. Students are given seats in double rooms. Conveniences are in common use. The residence has free Wi-Fi, there are rest rooms and self-preparation.
Students of summer courses are provided with three meals a day (an international kitchen). It is possible to organize dietary, vegetarian meals.
The extracurricular program provides for the possibility of engaging in various sports, including volleyball, football, and many others. In the evening, film screenings, shows, karaoke, discos are organized for students.
The excursion program provides 3 trips per week for half a day and one for the whole. During short excursions students can visit Fisherman's Wharf, stroll along the Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Alcatraz Prison. For the whole day excursions to Six Flags Park, Great America Amusement Park, and other interesting places are organized.
Classes are held from 9:00 to 12:30 - 13:30. Daytime is reserved for excursions and sports. Evening - for entertainment.
In San Giles, San Francisco, on the campus of the campus, classes are held in modernly equipped classrooms. Students have access to the library, computer classes. The sports infrastructure of the center is represented by playgrounds, a swimming pool, a gym.
Dates: July 2 - August 6, 2017
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.