Summer preparation for IB in Summer IB preparation School in England
Standard course Pre-IB
- Dates: June 24 - August 4
- Age of students: 16-19 years.
A special program for well-educated, academically well-off students who want to strengthen their knowledge and skills before enrolling in the International Baccalaureate (IB) course. This program is widely distributed and quoted around the world, so it makes it possible to enter any university of your choice - Preparation, and educaton at IB should be thought-out and effective.
The program includes 12 hours of study per week: two top priority subjects are selected, which they will need for admission to the chosen institution. In small groups, students will improve language and academic skills, perfect practical skills and deepen theoretical knowledge. Available items (note - not all courses are available throughout the summer, some are taught only on certain shifts):
- Business and Management
- English Language and Literature (English A)
- Sociology + environmental protection
- Supporting English for Foreigners (Improve Your English)
- Theory of knowledge
- IB Essentials (general education, universal orientation course)
- IB Expert (based on IB Essentials general education course with a greater academic bias and more research).
A lot of time is spent on acquaintance with the structure of IB exams: using real materials over the past years, students will recognize task blocks and features, rules of implementation, learn time management, learn to see typical "traps" and avoid ambiguity of answers. In addition to the selected scientific disciplines, students will study the basics of subjects that are mandatory for everyone in the IB course:
- writing an expanded academic essay (volume from 4000 words, the topic is chosen independently and is consistent with the teacher)
- course of general theory of knowledge (TOK)
- "Creativity, Service, Activity" (CAS): a set of extracurricular activities - sports, creative, charitable / social / volunteer - that will help the student develop personally, in addition to academic success.
All pupils are accompanied by a personal curator for 24 hours a day: he will always help with solving domestic, administrative, academic issues. Teachers, in turn, prepare a weekly report on the success of each student: they highlight the strengths and successful projects / work, details and topics that should be paid more attention, recommendations for admission and further education.
Pre-IB courses are held from June 24 to August 10. The cost per person is:
- standard Pre-IB = 2150 £ / week.
The indicated price includes the course, accommodation and meals (full board), as well as entertainment, leisure and sightseeing program.