English + adventure in Summer camp with preparation for IB in Austria
Spanish & CORE Adventure in Andalucía
The program invites active, curious students to explore Southern Spain, the beauty of Andalusia, in the July Summer Course. The 14-day program includes 30 hours of Spanish language learning, 24/7 immersion in the Spanish language and cultural environment, and a welcoming and safe homestay.
- Every morning (Monday-Friday) will start with 2 hours of volunteer work (environmental, social initiatives).
- This is followed by a two-hour intensive Spanish course at the La Janda language school: small groups will be assembled from both beginners and those who already have a wealth of knowledge. Listening, speaking and writing comprehension are the priorities of the language program.
- After lunch, students will experience a language immersion in the traditional culture of Andalusia, communication with locals: it can be donkey riding, hiking, flamenco dancing, basket weaving, surfing, swimming, photography, cooking lessons.
- At the end of the week, students will prepare a final project - a social advertising video: the topic can be the impact of tourism on the host country, the preservation and respect of cultural values, the restoration of monuments (archaeological, historical, environmental).
In addition, teachers will work with students to such valuable skills for the 21st century as self-reflection, self-management, cooperation.
Students who combine the program with the MID IB or PRE IB courses will additionally study the discipline CAS (Creativity, Service, Activity), the theory of knowledge and will learn to write an extended essay. These are required subjects for obtaining an IB Diploma.
Each student, upon graduation, will receive a CAS certificate indicating the courses and hours taken.
- 1 week: July 4-11, July 11-18
- 2 weeks: July 4-18, July 11-25.