IB program in St. Louis School, Milan
International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP)
- Grades: 12-13
- Age: 16-17 years old
- Full-time study or residence in a residence (boarding house).
International Baccalaureate is one of the most popular and prestigious standards of school education, which is spread all over the world. In St. Louis School, Milan, there is a graduation program for this standard - Diploma Program (IB DP). The program is aimed at the comprehensive development of adolescents, providing a broad level of knowledge and skills, educating leaders of the new age, capable of acting in rapidly changing conditions. Students develop in a creative way, demonstrate critical thinking skills, bear full responsibility for their actions.
The education lasts 2 years and includes the study of 6 subjects (to choose), as well as work on three broad sections:
- Extended essay (The Extended Essay (EE)). Students conduct an independent study through in-depth study of a specific topic related to one of the 6 sections of the study
- The Theory of Knowledge (ToK). Students reflect on the nature of knowledge, exploring different ways of knowing (perception, emotion, language and reason) and various types of knowledge (scientific, artistic, mathematical and historical)
- "Creativity, Action, Service" (Creativity, Action, Service (CAS)). Students actively learn to perform real-world tasks outside the classroom, can combine all three CAS components or perform actions related to each of them separately.
The choice of items available at both advanced and ordinary levels - students choose those that they need for the further process of study and development. All teenagers already before the beginning of study are defined with specialties and high schools in which they will submit documents.
Subjects according to the IB DP standard in St. Petersburg. Louis School, Milan:
1. Group 1. Studies in the field of language and literature (Studies in language and literature):
2. Group 2. Language acquisition:
- English (English)
- Italian (Italian)
- French (French)
- Spanish (Spanish)
- Chinese (Mandarin) (Mandarin Chinese).
3. Group 3. Individuals and societies (Individuals and society):
- Economy (Economics)
- Business and Management (Business & Management)
4. Group 4. Science:
- Environmental Systems and Societies
- Computer science.
5. Group 5. Mathematics:
- Mathematics (Mathematics HL)
- Mathematics (Mathematics SL)
- Mathematical studies (Math Studies).
6. Group 6. Art (The arts):
- Theater (Theater)
- Visual arts (Visual Arts).
Work on each of the 6 subjects ends with the final exam (with grades from 1 to 7), and an obligatory condition is the examination by invited experts. In addition to successfully passing the exams, you must complete the tasks for other sections:
- Extended essay presentation
- Satisfactory completion of the course "Theory of Knowledge"
- Obligatory participation in extra-curricular CAS program (set the required number of hours).
All pupils receive substantial support in developing their admission skills, proper application and documents. The school cooperates with the British UCAS: Universities and Colleges Admissions Service, as well as with the US Education Council and the Fulbright Commission. This partnership gives the pupils great benefits on admission: they receive additional useful advice, get acquainted with the rules for receiving and submitting applications, and many others. Adolescents visit fairs of universities, visit educational institutions with study visits. St. John's International School has a special partnership with a number of higher education institutions around the world:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- London School of Economics
- Imperial College London
- Durham University
- Warwick University
- University of Lancaster
- University College London
- University of Surrey
- University of Bath
- University of Exeter
- University of East Anglia
- University of Birmingham
- University of Leeds
- University of Southampton
- University of Sussex
- University of Edinburgh
- University of York
- King's College London
- University of Nottingham
- University of Kent
- University of Bristol
- University of Sheffield
- University of Glasgow
- Queen Mary, University of
- Royal Holloway, University of
2. USA :
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of California at Berkley
- New York University
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Fordham University
- Rollins College
- Erasmus University, Netherlands
- University of Maastrict
- Leiden University
- IE University, Spain
- Università Luigi Bocconi
- Politecnico di Milano.
Thanks to the high professionalism of the staff and the high quality of the eduaction, graduates of the International Baccalaureate John's International School annually demonstrate high test scores and enter the best educational institutions of the country and the world.
Tuition fee in High School programs (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) (Year 12-Year 13) = 18550 €.