1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of training: from 4 to 7 years
3. Beginning of classes: September, January
4. Level of English: IELTS 7.0 or equivalents
5. Level of education: Bachelor's degree
6. Language of instruction: English.
The department of doctoral studies of St. George's University-Grenada offers high-quality programs for applicants. For admission, you must have a very high level of knowledge, excellent command of English and highly developed research skills. The applicant must have developed empathy and a desire to help people, strive for continuous improvement of their personal and professional qualities. The University offers 3 different degrees in medicine: Doctor of Philosophy (14 directions) (Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)). Terms of training and the process of defending the thesis has a flexible schedule and is built individually, depending on the needs and capabilities of the student. Doctor of Medicine (MD). Duration of training is from 4 to 7 years. Two years of training is given to practice in affiliated institutions in the United States, Britain or Canada. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM). Training lasts from 4 to 7 years. Depending on the duration, the weight of the program is estimated at 129, 166, 191 or 221 credits; one year is allocated for clinical practice, which takes place in the United States, Britain, Canada, Australia or Ireland.
Medical programs of the University are accredited and recognized by many foreign organizations, authorities and supervisory bodies: Government of Grenada Caribbean Agency for Accreditation in the Field of Medicine and Other Medical Professions The medical program is approved by the Department of Education of the State of New York (USA) Approved by the State Council of Medical Experts of the State of New Jersey (USA) Approved by the Competent Medical Council of the State of Georgia (USA) for hospital staff Included in the list of medical schools recognized by the Medical Council of California (USA) Licensed by the Florida State Commission for Independent Education The National Committee for Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (US Department of Education) considered Grenada's accreditation standards to be comparable to the levels used by the United States. Accredited by the US Public Accreditation Body for Public Health Programs (CEPH) Accredited by the Medical Councils of the Bahamas, Bermuda, India (MCI), Sri Lanka, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, the Ministry of Education of the United Arab Emirates The School of Medicine is on the list of the World Health Organization (World Health Organization) Accreditation by the Council for Veterinary Medical Association of the American Association for Education (AVMA COE) Accredited by the American Association of Animal Hospitals (AAHA).
Moreover, university graduates have the opportunity to obtain a license for medical work in 48 countries, including the United States, Canada, Britain, Germany, Greece, Israel and other countries. Many graduates subsequently successfully work for health care institutions and hospitals in the US and Canada. In the process of education, students fulfill compulsory requirements, pass courses / disciplines and are actively engaged in research projects. Teachers and staff of doctoral studies are exceptional professionals in their field, each of which has high academic degrees and achievements. Scientific leaders and mentors are doing everything possible to fully unlock the potential of students. As a result of a well-established system of training, broad involvement of specialists and cooperation with international organizations and universities of other countries, students have excellent opportunities for self-development and growth. Many graduates achieve impressive results in the field of health care, helping people and animals. In case of successful fulfillment of all requirements, graduates receive Ph.D. degrees (in the relevant field), Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. The doctorate obtained at St George's University-Grenada gives almost 100% job security.
Doctoral programs St George's University-Grenada:
Degree Doctor of Philosophy (PhD):
1. School of Medicine: Anatomy: Education (PhD in Anatomical Education) Anatomy: Science (PhD in Anatomical Sciences) Microbiology (PhD in Microbiology) Physiology and Neurology (PhD in Physiology and Neuroscience)
2. School of Veterinary Medicine: Anatomical pathologies (PhD in Anatomical Pathology) Anatomy (PhD in Anatomy) Bacteriology (PhD in Bacteriology) Clinical Pathology (PhD in Clinical Pathology) Marine medicine (PhD in Marine Medicine) Parasitology (PhD in Parasitology) Pharmacology (PhD in Pharmacology) Virology (PhD in Virology) Wildlife conservation medicine (PhD in Wildlife Conservation Medicine).
3. School of Arts and Sciences: Management (PhD in Management).
Degrees in medicine: Doctor of Medicine (DM) Medical Science (PHD) Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Veterinary Science (Veterinary Science (PHD)).
Programs of double degree master + doctor (Dual-Degree):
1. Doctor of Medicine and: Master of Science (Doctor of Medicine / Master of Science (MD / MSC)) Master of Public Health (MD / MPH)
2. Doctor of veterinary medicine and: Master of Science (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine / Master of Science (DVM / MSC)) Master of Public Health (DVM / MPH) Master of Business Administration in Sectoral Health Management (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine / MBA in Multi-Sector Health Management (DVM / MBA)).
Tuition fees in doctoral studies: Doctor of Philosophy = from $ 6579 / semester Doctor of Medicine = from $ 887 / loan, from $ 13300 to $ 30700 / semester Doctor of Veterinary Medicine = from $ 853 / credit, from $ 12,771 to $ 22,412 / semester.