Unreal Engine 4 Level Design in Stanford University Summer School with IT and programming
Unreal Engine 4 Level Design
- Age: 13-18 (Must turn 13 by 12-31-20)
- Skill Level: beginner-advanced
- Duration: 2 weeks
Launch your career as a level designer as you build your own game prototype with a team of peers. Learn the full development cycle of production as you work together to turn your ideas into a playable game.
In week one, learn how to design levels using Unreal Engine 4. Create breathtaking environments while learning world-building techniques to amp up your visual storytelling. Hone your moment-to-moment gameplay design skills like level pacing and balancing. Finish the week by delving further into game design theory.
In week two, dig into your role and launch an indie studio with your team to create your combined vision. Learn how to organize your tasks and collaborate effectively. Add new level design skills tailored to your game and prepare to show off your work at the end of the week.
In this course, you will:
- Build levels and environments using geometry
- Learn game design principles and write a game design document
- Place actors such as lights, weapons, and meshes
- Use Blueprints visual programming language
- Learn effective techniques to work with a team
Your tuition includes:
- Personalized learning
- Completed game prototype
- College-ready digital portfolio
- University campus experience + meals and housing
- Small Class Guarantee
- 12 exclusive online Master Classes ($300 value)
- Official Academy diploma + course transcript
- Limited edition t-shirt, stainless steel water bottle, sling bag