C ++ Programming and Unreal Game Development in Stanford University Summer School with IT and programming
C ++ Programming and Unreal Game Development
- Age: 13-18 years old
- Skill Level: beginner-advanced
- Duration: 2 weeks
Kickstart your career as a Gameplay Programmer by building your own game prototype with a team of peers. Learn the full development cycle of production as you work together to turn your ideas into a playable game.
In week one, prepare to build your game by learning the fundamentals of C++ and Blueprints, two essential tools for development with Unreal Engine. Implement game mechanics and build coding skills to become an indispensable asset to your team. Finish the week by diving into game design theory, learning how to create themed experiences, crafting compelling dynamics, and scoping your projects.
During week two, dig into your role and get into the full swing of game production by launching an indie studio with your team. Work together to create your combined vision and organize your tasks in order to collaborate effectively. Add new coding skills tailored to your project and prepare to show off your work at the end of the week.
In this course, you will:
- Learn C++ basics then build upon them with Unreal Engine 4's C++ API
- Implement a game loop
- Learn game design principles and write a game design document
- Use Unreal Engine 4's Blueprints to build game mechanics
- Learn effective techniques to work with a team
Your tuition includes:
- Personalized learning
- Completed game prototype
- College-ready digital portfolio
- University campus experience + meals and housing
- Small Classes
- 12 exclusive online Master Classes ($300 value)
- Official Academy diploma + course transcript
- Limited edition t-shirt, stainless steel water bottle, sling bag