3D Modeling: Character Design with Autodesk Maya in Stanford University Summer School with IT and programming
3D Modeling: Character Design with Autodesk Maya
- Age: 13-18 (Must turn 13 by 12-31-20)
- Skill Level: beginner-advanced
Launch your career as a character modeler and work to build a game prototype with a team of your fellow students. Learn the full development cycle of production as you work together to turn your ideas into a playable game.
In week one, learn 3D modeling using Autodesk Maya. After mastering the basics, you'll dive into character design. Brainstorm your ideas with hand-drawn or digital concept art. Finish the week by learning game design theory, exploring themes, and developing the art style of the player and non-player character models!
In week two, dig into your role and launch an indie studio with your team to create your combined vision. Learn how to organize your tasks and collaborate effectively. Apply rigs and animations to your custom-modeled character as you prepare to show off your work at the end of the week.
In this course, you will:
- Use polygon and curve modeling tools
- Learn the character design pipeline, from concept to finished character
- Unwrap and texture your character for import into Unreal Engine 4
- Learn game design principles and write a game design document
- Learn effective techniques for working with a team
Your tuition includes:
- Personalized learning
- Completed game prototype
- College-ready digital portfolio
- University campus experience + meals and housing
- Small Classes
- 12 exclusive online Master Classes ($300 value)
- Official Academy diploma + course transcript
- Limited edition t-shirt, stainless steel water bottle, sling bag