- How to choose a high school next to London?
- Advantages of secondary schools in the suburbs of London for foreign students and students
- The best high schools in the suburbs of London: description, programs, cost
If you are interested in studying abroad , it is first of all to consider secondary schools in the suburbs of London . Based on the British education there are centuries-old traditions and moral principles, and in the capital boarding schools they are displayed as bright and multifaceted anywhere.
How to choose a high school next to London?
In the capital of Great Britain, a huge number of public and private schools - foreigners are more willing to choose the latter, the best of which are in the suburbs of London. Private schools are also called boarding schools - these are, as a rule, closed boarding schools: combined, for boys, for girls.
Concerning the structure, it should be understood that most private boarding schools train children aged 7-16 years under the compulsory primary and secondary school program + General Certificate of Secondary Education ( GCSE is a two-year course after which students enter the Sixth Form) + courses for high school students (16-18), which are designed to prepare for admission to universities - for example, A-Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB).
For admission, an alien must submit the following documents (the list may vary depending on the educational institution):
- completed application
- copy of documents and photos
- A report card with estimates for 2-3 years for the last period
- motivation letter
- letters of recommendation from teachers ( English and mathematics) and class teacher,
- documents, confirming achievements in any field of activity (if any).
Advantages of secondary schools in the suburbs of London for foreign students and students
- The language of instruction in secondary schools near London, as in the whole of Great Britain, is English, which allows you to tighten the general level of language proficiency, as well as to immerse yourself in the language and cultural environment of the country.
- High quality of education. English educational institutions include a list of the best around the world: graduates of British schools easily enter the top universities, find high-paying jobs.
The best high schools in the suburbs of London: description, programs, cost
Sevenoaks School , Kent
Prestigious private school-board of mixed type was founded in 1432, popular with students from all over the world, therefore it is not easy to enter here (about 10% of foreign students).
The campus infrastructure provides students with everything necessary for effective learning, active recreation and creative development (modern science center, swimming pool, gym, drama center).
Accommodation is organized according to the full board.
starting at £ 11,493 / trimester
from 12468 £ / term
Stowe School , Buckinghamshire County
It is one of the most prestigious boarding schools in Britain, focused on the preparation of applicants for Cambridge and Oxford . Foreigners - 10%. In Stowe School applicants with excellent and good progress are accepted, for enrollment you need knowledge of English at a level from B2. On the campus there is a huge number of creative circles and sports sections - students are practically not limited in their choice.
Students are accommodated in 12 residences on the campus, 4 of which are for girls, 2-4 people per room. Three meals a day are organized.
Middle and senior classes (13-18).
from £ 11100 / term
Epsom College , Surrey
He focuses on the study of foreign languages, mathematics, and ICT. The majority of students are boarders (mainly from EU, Russia, China and Malaysia).
25 kinds of sports and all kinds of creative circles contribute to the comprehensive development of students. The campus is also equipped with tennis courts, an indoor swimming pool, sports grounds, a stable, and a dance hall.
The campus includes 7 comfortable male and 5 female residences. Meals are organized according to the full board.
Programs for children aged 11-18 years, including GCSE, A-Level, preparation for Oxbridge.
from £ 10730 / term