- Features and benefits of studying at a secondary school in Lausanne
- How to choose a school in Lausanne
- The most prestigious private schools in Lausanne
Lausanne - the largest and one of the most beautiful cities in Switzerland - is becoming an increasingly popular place of study for Russian and foreign students. Study here allows you not only to get an elite Swiss education, but also to expand your horizons, learn several European languages and get to know dozens of people from different cultures. Lausanne attracts travelers from all over the world with its unique architecture, magnificent vineyards, which even took under protection in UNESCO, and history. It also gained popularity among students thanks to the prestigious University of Lausanne and a large selection of entertainment for every taste. As in all Switzerland, in Lausanne there are very clean and well-groomed streets, and the residents are friendly and polite.
Campuses of popular hostels are located in amazingly picturesque places - on the shores of Lake Geneva and in the vicinity of the Alpine mountains. Mastering the curriculum in such an atmosphere, schoolchildren develop harmoniously and are inspired by future accomplishments.
Features and benefits of studying at a secondary school in Lausanne
Swiss education is not accidentally recognized as the top universities of all countries of the world: in any school, students choose and purposefully study those subjects that are required for admission to the desired universities.
Despite the fact that Britain is considered the historical center of boarding schools , the first nine lines of the rating of the most elite bordinations are occupied by Swiss educational institutions. Unlike English boarding schools in Lausanne schools, a more democratic and free atmosphere has been adopted, although the discipline is maintained at a high level. Swiss schools differ in their friendly relations with Russian and foreign students. If an applicant of a private school in Lausanne does not know the language at a sufficiently high level, he will be offered a program that will bring him to the same level with his classmates in a short time.
The Lausanne guest houses pay great attention to physical development and active leisure. Thanks to the unique location of the students of local schools, a wide variety of sports activities are available. In summer they go windsurfing and water skiing, practice horse riding and cycling. In winter spend your free time skiing and snowboarding at the nearby popular Alpine resorts: Zermatt, Gstaad, Verbier, Crans Montana.
In Switzerland, four languages are considered official, not counting English - French , Romance, German and Italian . In most elite schools, children learn at least three languages. The choice of the institution largely depends on the main language.
In the schools of Lausanne, as in all of Switzerland, six main language directions have been adopted:
- Swiss (with the Schweizer Maturität certificate) - in German, French and English;
- British (with GCSE and A-Level certificates ) - in English;
- American (with the receipt of the certificates of High School Diploma and Advanced Placement) - in English;
- French (with the French Baccalaureate certificate) - in French;
- German (with the Das Deutsche Abitur certificate) - replaces training in 12 and 13 classes of the German school, in German;
- Italian (with the certificate Esame di Stato ) - in Italian.
In most private schools, Lausanne is taught in French and English.
- Champittet College is an elite boarding school in the forest near Lake Geneva. In primary and secondary school here are taught in English, in the senior classes are available Swiss and French programs. Preschool children are invited to the preparatory groups.
- Brillantmont International School is a private school on the shores of Lake Geneva. They are engaged in the directions of American and British education in combination with an additional study of the French language.
- Institut Le Rosey is a prestigious school, whose students live from January to March on the shores of Lake Geneva, and spend warm months in a summer campus in a small Swiss village. They practice bilingual education in English and French, and graduates receive international ( IB ) and French Baccalaureate certificates;
- Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande Lausanne is a boarding school on the shores of Lake Geneva, with special attention to linguistic programs. Pupils choose between the certificate of the Swiss model Swiss Maturity and IB.