- The advantages of studying in Canada for foreigners
- Features of secondary education in Canada
- The best schools in Canada: a short description and prices
Canada is one of the few countries that boasts a high level of adult education - it is about 99%. The government annually invests considerable funds in the development of education and science, so the requirements and standards are quite high.
There is no general strict state education system on the territory of the country, as each province makes up its own training program, taking into account national and cultural peculiarities and history. In general, the education system in many respects resembles the Russian one - pre-school institutions, primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities.
The advantages of studying in Canada for foreigners
- There are 2 official languages in the country: English and French . Training is conducted in any of these languages, which enables foreign students to study in a bilingual environment
- Education in the country is financed by the state, therefore here there is everything for fascinating studies. The level of equipping the classrooms, the technical capabilities of laboratories, the professionalism of the pedagogical staff can not but delight!
- Canada is a country with a high standard of living: to study here is not only prestigious and comfortable, but also interesting. The quality of the organization of the educational process and extra-curricular pastime helps foreign students to join the intercultural environment as quickly as possible and get acquainted with the traditions and culture of the country
- The Canadian diploma is recognized by any country in the world (it does not need to be confirmed when you work), plus the presence of a Canadian diploma greatly facilitates the process of immigration to that country
- The cost of studying in Canada is relatively low compared to other developed countries such as America and the United Kingdom
- Because of the large number of Russian immigrants in Canada, there are already Russian schools. For Russian students with a zero level of English, this can be a good option for a smooth immersion in the English-speaking environment.
Features of secondary education in Canada
In Canada, as in other countries, there are public and private boarding schools , as well as religious schools (Catholic). In public institutions, Canadians study - for them, instruction is free. For foreign students, private boarding schools are ideal .
In the middle classes there is a division into compulsory subjects (English and French, history, mathematics, geography, physical education and vocational guidance) and desirable, optional (at the choice of the student and his parent). With the transition to upper classes, the list of subjects increases and can reach up to 35 disciplines (for purposeful children who want to continue their studies at the university).
Knowledge is assessed on a five-point scale, where A is the highest score, F is the lowest. Passive is considered C. Alternative system of knowledge assessment - in%: at the end of each year, the average percentage is deduced, and if the student has scored more than 51%, it is transferred to the next class.
Each foreign student is assigned an accompanying person who helps to adapt as quickly as possible abroad.
The best schools in Canada: a short description and prices
- Pickering College ( Private College Pickering) is a privately owned prestigious coeducational school: it is a boarding school (from the age of 12), and a day school for pupils from 4 to 18 years old. Founded in 1842, the college seeks to develop in its pupils abilities and talents, leadership qualities. Here, an individual, personal approach is practiced - thus revealing the physical, creative, spiritual and academic potential.
The college is located on 16 hectares in the province of Ontario. In addition to the modernly equipped educational building and residence for students, the territory has a rich sports infrastructure: 3 football fields, a baseball field, badminton fields, a swimming pool, 2 modern sports halls, and a large ice arena. All this provides an excellent atmosphere for study and sports development.
Accommodation and meals are organized according to the full board. The cost of the year of study in the middle classes is from 63 020 Canadian dollars.
- Brookes Shawnigan Lake School (Brooks Shonigan Lake School). The private boarding school Brookes Shawnigan Lake is part of the Brookes Education Group. The goal of the organization is an educational exchange between students from all over the world. Foreign students can join Brookes Shawnigan Lake School as early as 12 years. In total, about 150 people study at the school, which ensures an individual educational approach and a warm, friendly atmosphere.
The location on the shore of the lake offers great opportunities for practicing water sports. The sports infrastructure of the school includes its own boat station with boats, kayaks, sailboats. In addition to sports, students can take part in various sections: a mathematical circle, clothing design, painting and painting.
This educational institution pays much attention to the preparation of children in the field of art. Along with school subjects, foreign languages, dramatic and acting skills are taught at a high level. Graduates of the school easily enter the best universities in Canada and the USA : New York University, University of California at Los Angeles, University of Toronto.
Accommodation and meals are organized according to the full board. The cost of schooling starts from 47,500 Canadian dollars
- Ridley College (Ridley College) is located near Lake Ontario and is considered one of Canada's most prestigious educational institutions. From Ridley College you can easily get to Toronto, the American city of Buffalo in the state of New York, Niagara Falls.
Ridley College is known for a high level of academic training - almost all graduates of the Ridley College School enroll in the best universities in Canada and the United States.
Foreign students are ready to take the school at the age of 11: for them it is possible to study in the middle, high school, preparation for entering the university according to the IB program (from the age of 16). In summer, camps for learning English for children from 9 to 17 years old are open here.
Training classes are equipped with the latest technology, and the sports infrastructure allows you to practice different kinds of sports from tennis to rowing.
Accommodation and meals are organized according to the full board. The cost of schooling starts from 47,500 Canadian dollars.