- Features of education in American schools, language of instruction, scholarships
- The best schools in the USA
- Conditions of admission and prices
Education in America for Russian schoolchildren, students and other foreigners is a great opportunity to gain fundamental knowledge in the English-speaking environment. Educational programs for foreign students will allow to tighten academic knowledge, improve the language, get quality training and an advantage in the entrance examinations to the university .
Features of education in American schools, language of instruction, scholarships
Features of training: teaching in American schools is of an intensive nature, combines the theoretical part and the compulsory practical, which allows you to select the most relevant information for schoolchildren. The American school is based on two principles: all-round development and preparation for independent life, therefore, unlike the domestic school abroad, the schoolchild is expected to develop fully.
Language of instruction : English , therefore, to adapt to a new environment and successful study, foreign students need to develop all the basic language skills: reading, writing, speaking, listening to English. In this regard, the requirement of language proficiency at a sufficient level is one of the main conditions for admission for children. If the student has sufficient knowledge, but hesitantly uses them in practice, he can be enrolled in school, but within six months he must significantly improve his knowledge on additional courses, otherwise deduction is likely. Usually in schools for beginners-foreigners special linguistic courses with language learning are developed.
Major programs: the greatest popularity among Russian schoolchildren enjoys the opportunity to get education in America after 8-9 grade. Various types of programs for middle classes are offered, from which the student chooses the most suitable:
- American High School Diploma - the program is more popular: at the end of the course, students receive a diploma of secondary education
- International Baccalaureate, or IB Diploma - for schoolchildren who graduated from the 10th grade, specializes in preparation for the university
- Advanced Placement (AP) is a two-year course that prepares foreign students for university.
Types of schools: to choose a school and not to regret, it should be borne in mind that along with government agencies in America there are a large number of private schools that are distinguished by a higher level of comfort, equipment and quality of education.
Which school is better? For Russian schoolchildren, boarding schools are best suited: thanks to residence in residences, it is easier for foreigners to adapt to life in the country and make new friends.
Prices: The cost of tuition in boarding schools is correlated with the cost of studying at a university, but there are ways to cut costs. As a rule, schools offer their students scholarships for students with high academic achievement and material assistance to families in a difficult financial situation. Thus, the cost of training can sometimes be reduced by 2-3 times!
The best schools in the USA
In the United States there are many top schools that invite foreign students to receive a high-quality and very prestigious education - and there are a lot of people wishing to enroll in American schools. First of all, such excitement is connected with the fact that local diplomas (especially private schools) are highly appreciated, and the level of the received preparation allows you to easily enter the leading universities in Europe and the United States. In order to choose the most suitable place of study, you should look at the list of offered programs, the advantages of schools, and also pay attention to the ratings of the best schools in the USA. Below as an example, only a small part of prestigious schools and the programs they offer are presented:
- Brattleboro Union High School is a public school in Vermont, well known for its quality educational programs. The school works within the framework of the Nacel Open Door F-1 Public School Program and guarantees full-fledged comprehensive assistance. The school invites pupils of 15-18 years to the program of the senior classes. The cost of training will be from 36190 $ per year.
- Private school-board North Broward Preparatory School specializes in preparatory programs for schoolchildren and is included in the TOP-50 of the best schools in the country. The school is located near Miami and has a good location. The programs of the school are of classical academic character, a great place in which is devoted to art classes. The cost of training for the academic year will be from 58000 $.
- In Florida, the prestigious Windermere Preparatory School is located, which is very comfortable due to its excellent location in the beautiful countryside of Florida. The school offers a wide choice of programs of the senior classes and is famous for excellent pre-university preparation. The cost will be from $ 57,000 per year.
- In Pennsylvania, there is a boarding school for girls Grier School, in which programs for grades 7-12 are developed. Curriculums harmoniously combine academic subjects, art and sports; programs AP, TOEFL / ESL, Elite Scholar Classes are offered. The cost of training will be from 25275 $ per semester (1/2 academic year).
- Milton Academy is a popular boarding school in the state of Massachusetts, which is not strictly selective and religious. Schoolchildren 15-17 years of age offer highly effective combined courses for university preparation. The cost of training will be from $ 27175 per semester.
Conditions of admission and prices
- Language and academic requirements: for admission to American schools it is necessary to take an examination to determine the level of the language. Language requirements - passing the IELTS exam is not lower than 4.5 points, it is also possible to present a TOEFL certificate. Academic requirement for schoolchildren: a positive average score of a certificate or report card (the higher, the better). Competition in American private schools is an average of 10 people per seat.
- Package of documents: submit a package of documents for the year before receipt, which includes a two-year evaluation statement, recommendations of the class teacher and teachers, a history of vaccinations and a medical certificate, letters of commendation and medals, a birth certificate and a photo.
- Other requirements: as a rule, schoolchildren are waiting for a personal interview with a representative of the admissions committee. Perhaps the applicant will be asked to write an essay or take a test, but not only the level of preparation, but also the student's personal qualities: his interest, diligence in study, what subjects are interesting to him and whether they coincide with the specialization of the school.
- Tuition fees: The cost varies from $ 55,000 to $ 90,000 per year.
- Factors affecting the cost: the location of the school, the living conditions, the status of the school, the proposed programs. Usually the cost includes training and accommodation.
Additional payment is possible:
- Registration fee
- Educational materials
- Medical insurance policy
- Excursion program
- Laboratory and practical exercises
- Sports and school uniform.
We should note that it is possible to learn more about what is included in the cost of a particular school and what additional costs will be required from our specialists. SMAPSE.RU portal is based on close interaction with the audited educational institutions and assumes direct agreements on cooperation. Services for admission to institutions, consultations of our specialists are free of charge.