- What you should pay attention to: what school to choose in Canada, the features of the programs and the language of instruction
- Features of the programs:
- Best Boarding Schools in Canada
- Conditions of admission and prices
To date, training for Russian students, school children and other foreigners in Canada is very attractive due to a number of unique advantages. The key characteristics of studying in Canada are quality and affordable. According to the level of academic knowledge of students, Canadian schools are not inferior to American ones , but the cost of studying and living is much lower. The equipment of the Canadian schools is the most modern, and the living conditions for foreigners here are most comfortable. Other advantages of getting education in this country are good scholarships and rich versatile programs.
What you should pay attention to: what school to choose in Canada, the features of the programs and the language of instruction
Public and private schools:
- 95% of Canadian students study in public schools - their education is free and at a sufficiently high level. For Russian children, the cost of training in public schools will average from $ 12,000 CAD, but schools of this type do not offer accommodation and do not solve the issue with the migration service (children under the age of 18 are required to have a guardian)
- The most suitable for Russian schoolchildren will be the choice in favor of a private boarding school . 5% of Canadian schoolchildren choose private schools: tuition is paid for, but despite the high cost of training, the competition in them is so high that children are recorded long before the admission. Advantages of private schools: high quality - schoolchildren easily enter the rating universities of the USA, England and Canada
- Language of instruction: mostly private boarding schools teach in English.
Features of the programs:
- In private schools there is an opportunity to study in 3-semester programs, so that the school can be completed much faster
- Despite the fact that Canadian private schools accept schoolchildren from the age of 10, the most popular among Russian school students is high school
- System of credits : for obtaining a diploma, a student needs to obtain the required number of credits (educational, credit units)
- Scholarships: provided to students with the highest academic achievement.
Best Boarding Schools in Canada
- School of co-education Pickering College - a prestigious private educational institution, the main educational values of which are declared philanthropy and a wonderful level of education. The school is located near Toronto in a quiet quiet town with a well-developed infrastructure New Market. The cost of training will be from 63020 $ CAD per year
- Brookes Shawnigan Lake has an excellent reputation and only positive feedback for quality academic education, excellent full-fledged teaching, comfortable living and eating conditions. The school offers tuition at the secondary school level and the international IB program . The strong point and the card of the school is the preparation in the field of art practically at the university level. The cost of training will be from 47500 $ CAD / year
- Trafalgar Castle School is the leading school in the field of pre-university preparation for girls aged 10-18. Programs of middle classes and senior classes are waiting for students from 10 to 18 years.98% of school graduates enter the world's top universities. The cost of training will be from 59515 $ CAD per year
- Upper Canada College is one of the best educational institutions for boys. Education in this school is considered very prestigious and high-quality, most of the school's graduates have made a brilliant career. High school students have developed high school courses and the IB program. The cost of training will be from 59524 $ CAD for the academic year.
Conditions of admission and prices
- Language and academic requirements: language requirements - passing the IELTS or TOEFL exam , DALF (if the student is studying in French). Academic requirement for students: pass the test for the level of academic knowledge of the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) or CAT (Canadian Achievement Tests). It may be necessary to write an essay or pass an internal exam
- Package of documents: to hand over the application form and pay about 200 $ CAD for its consideration, a report card for two years
- Other requirements: as a rule, schoolchildren are waiting for a personal interview with a representative of the admissions committee, and it will also be necessary to pass a medical commission
- Tuition fees: The cost varies from 25,000 to 55,000 CAD per year (2 semesters)
- Factors affecting the cost: the location of the school, the living conditions, the status of the school, the proposed programs. Usually the price includes at least the training and accommodation
Additional payment is possible:
- Registration fee
- Non-refundable deposit upon admission.
It should be noted that our specialists can learn more about what is included in the cost of a particular school and what additional fees will be required. SMAPSE.RU portal is based on close interaction with the audited educational institutions and assumes direct agreements on cooperation. Services for admission to institutions, consultations of our specialists are free of charge.