- The main advantages of school education in Canada for Russian schoolchildren:
- School Education in Canada: Structure, Specifics of Student Education
- Rules of residence and education in schools in Canada
- Features of choosing a school in Canada for schooling
- School Entry Process in Canada
- Ways of accommodation of pupils during training in schools of Canada
- Estimated cost of schooling in Canada
School education in Canada, schools in Canada is one of the most popular areas in international education today. Education in Canada is a combination of the highest quality and accessibility, traditional techniques and modern equipment, as well as favorable living and learning conditions. Many students who want to get a school education abroad, choose Canada - in this article you can find out why schools in Canada are so popular, and start the process of choosing an educational institution right now!
Schooling in Canada is deservedly considered to be one of the most qualitative, prestigious and effective in the world, and schools in Canada are highly developed educational institutions with integrated infrastructure. It should be emphasized that the Government of Canada pays much attention to the development of the sphere of education, in particular, school education, and in terms of the amount of funding channeled into this sphere, Canada is one of the leading countries in the world. In addition, Canada today is a highly developed state with a strong economy, a flexible policy for immigrants, a friendly attitude towards foreign citizens, in particular students, as well as an incredibly beautiful nature, a comfortable climate and clean mountain air - all this allows schooling in Canada is very popular among students from all over the world, including Russia. Equally important is the fact that schooling in Canada will cost you somewhat cheaper than, say, in the US or the UK, but at the same time Canadian education is not inferior in quality.
It should be noted that in fact there are two types of school education in the country: in English and in French. The fact is that the official (state) languages of Canada are these two languages, and the country itself is divided into two parts - English and French. The vast majority of primary and secondary schools offer a choice of instruction in one or another language, but this need to be further specified for each school in Canada, because there are also purely French or English schools.
The Canadians are very, very friendly to citizens of foreign countries, including students and students, which allows parents to be perfectly calm for the well-being of their child in new conditions for him. The territory of educational institutions in Canada is additionally protected on a twenty-four-hour basis, in the dormitories with the pupils, school staff live to solve freelance and domestic situations, and in the host family they are all necessary care.
The main advantages of school education in Canada for Russian schoolchildren:
- First, the certificate of full secondary education of a school in Canada, is highly rated among the leading and rating universities in the US, UK and many other countries.
- Secondly, an important aspect of studying in Canada is the fact that the cost of school education in private private schools with a correlated level of quality of education and the proposed living and teaching conditions is somewhat lower than in the same UK or US , as well as in some other countries.
- Thirdly, in Canada there is a relatively loyal policy towards immigrants from other countries of the world, including Russia. This policy provides an opportunity for foreign students to obtain citizenship, work and move to Canada for permanent residence, and a steady economic growth rate will enable them to find work and achieve success.
- Fourthly, Canada's education sector receives huge subsidies and investments from the state, so there is every opportunity to use the latest achievements of human thought, modern computers, infrastructure elements, teaching methods and educational programs. In the vast majority of schools in Canada, there are modern computer classes equipped with the latest technology, which has an extremely positive impact on the quality of schooling in Canada.
- Fifth, in Canada there is a pleasant and comfortable climate, and a friendly atmosphere towards foreign citizens.
- Sixthly, schooling in Canada is not only and not so much an academic education as the development of the skills and talents of each student, the search for a sphere that is interesting to each student. The teaching staff pays much attention to these aspects, using an individual approach, that is, giving each of its students as much time as it needs to understand a particular material, to achieve a new level of knowledge. All this later helps the children to pass the final school examinations and when they enter higher education institutions not only Canada, but the whole world.
- Finally, Canada's rich infrastructure of educational institutions is not limited to computer classes: Canada's education system pays much attention to the sports development of students, for which many schools build their own stadiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, and indoor ice rinks for hockey - the national sport of Canada.
Among other things, Canada's schools, like the UK's , are of three types, depending on the gender of the students: most schools in Canada today are coeducational schools where both boys and girls are enrolled. They study together, as in the usual Russian school. However, there are also separate educational institutions: for girls or for boys. In such boarding schools, classes consist exclusively of girls or boys - a tribute to centuries-old traditions. When choosing a specific type of educational institution in Canada, you must carefully weigh the pros and cons, taking into account the developmental features of the child at this stage. It is believed that in schools of separate education children achieve much greater successes than in educational institutions of joint education. So it or not - everyone decides for himself, but you can be sure that in both schools in Canada your child will receive an education of exceptional quality.
School Education in Canada: Structure, Specifics of Student Education
School education in Canada includes the primary and secondary levels. Primary education in Canada has a structure that is similar to the American one: children study five years before reaching the age of 15 years. Primary education in Canadian schools is free for Canadians, in addition, it is compulsory. However, according to the specifics of the country, it is conducted in English and French (depending on the location of the school). For foreign students, additional courses for studying a particular language are organized. In elementary school, both girls and boys study together.
Secondary education in Canada includes three stages and lasts for 11-12 years (classes). Of course, each of the Canadian provinces can have its own structure of secondary education, and therefore the duration of study in secondary school can be different. So, the middle link in Canada can include either classes 7 to 12 (children study from 12 to 18 years old), or classes 9 to 13 (children study at the age from 14 to 18 years). Secondary schools in Canada are called "high schools", and the logical name for the middle school "middle schools" in Canada is the classes of the second stage of the primary link. The school year usually starts in Canada in September, ends in May-June. Instead of the quarters that are familiar to the Russian schoolchild in Canada's schools, as in most Western educational institutions, the academic year is divided into two semesters for six months.
In secondary schools, Canadian students are mainly engaged in the disciplines they choose on their own based on the specialization in higher education that they would like to receive in the future (therefore it is important to at least approximately understand what the child wants to do in the future). In addition, there are opportunities in Canadian secondary schools for in-depth study of some specialized disciplines that are integrated into a program called the "Advanced Placement Program". In the case of this advanced educational program, students will in the future be able to gain a certain advantage during admission to the majority of higher education institutions in Canada , the United Kingdom , the United States and other countries. This program includes the development of the heads of the best schools in the US and Canada since the middle of last century for more than thirty disciplines, which are taught in-depth - as it happens in the first year of universities.
Private Canad High Schools offer students virtually unlimited opportunities for physical and creative development. At many schools there are own sports centers, the complexes equipped under the highest world standards, and creative circles will allow schoolboys to realize itself in various spheres of art.
Schools in Canada have a huge technical base and developed infrastructure. So, in terms of the number of computers and other equipment that are used in the educational process, Canada is among the first in the world. During the first few academic years, students are engaged exclusively in the main disciplines, although it is often permissible to take several subjects of choice. As they approach the graduation class, students are increasingly engaged in the disciplines they choose, which will subsequently help them to successfully study in higher education . A certificate of full secondary education in each state is established independently, but a common feature for all educational institutions of the middle level is that to obtain this certificate you need to recruit a certain number of credits - points that are awarded for the successful completion of the disciplines. At the same time, there is a total number of necessary credits, which consists of loans that students must earn for compulsory disciplines and for subjects of choice. An important condition is also the obligatory, but voluntary work of a volunteer in libraries, hospitals, etc.
During the training, students perform frequent written tests. In one discipline, such work is planned several times a semester, for others - once at the end of the school year. As for the exams, they are mostly given in writing: in the role of the exam, either testing or essays can be performed. If the student has chosen any additional subject from the field of creativity, then at the end of the training he must perform a certain creative task, depending on the type of creative activity. The final score for each discipline consists of several parts: scores for written assignments per semester, for an individual project, for passing the exam. The estimates themselves, as in the whole Western world of education, are exhibited only in percentages, which sometimes have an alphabetic appearance (from A to F). For example, from 90 to 100% - this is an "excellent" score, from 70% to 89% is a "four". At the end of the school year, all the grades obtained are summarized, and the average score is calculated. In order not to stay in the second year, you need to recruit at least 50%. There is also an incentive system: if the average score is high (from 80%), then the student can be exempted from the exam.
By the time of graduation from school, the students are 18 to 19 years old, after which they can already apply for admission to higher education institutions in Canada , the United Kingdom and the United States . It should be especially noted that Canada's private boarding schools, among other things, hold consultations for students on the process of admission to higher education institutions , inviting representatives of various universities to conduct lectures. In addition, the peculiarities of the process of school education favorably affects the skills and abilities of students:
- Students during their stay in boarding schools in Canada acquire independence, which is facilitated, for example, by individual assignments for each of the students, which must be fulfilled independently and presented to the others in the form of a presentation.
- In the last year of school, teachers pay much attention to the specifics of the process of admission to universities. Private boarding schools invite representatives of universities and consultants to talk with students about the plans in school and life.
Rules of residence and education in schools in Canada
In each educational institution in Canada, the teaching staff make up their own list of rules of conduct for students during their studies and stay on the territory of the school. The strictness and essence of such rules can vary from the province provinces, the influence is also exerted by the prestige, demand for the school in Canada. The most common and common rules for many educational institutions include: banning smoking, drinking alcohol and, of course, drugs; the prohibition of the use of cheat sheets in examinations and control, as well as cheating; prohibition of violation of the academic discipline; prohibition of aggressive behavior towards peers, rudeness towards teachers, etc. In addition, in many elite and rating schools-boarding schools of Canada, the daily wearing of the school uniform is mandatory. In case of violation of any of the rules of the school, depending on the severity of the misconduct of the student will wait for the sanction of the notice and warning until the deduction.
It is also important to emphasize the fact that in all schools in Canada, without exception, the teaching staff on a regular basis draw up detailed reports for parents, containing full information about their child's progress, successes and gaps in knowledge, progress in certain issues, disciplines, as well as behavior. Parents will almost live on watch their child's education in the school of Canada. In addition, the safety of the child here - above all, on the territory of the school and dormitories is organized around the clock security. All students are allowed to leave the territory of the school only with the permission of teachers or school staff (older students only need permission).
Features of choosing a school in Canada for schooling
If you decide that your child needs school education in Canada, do not waste valuable time. The fact is that the process of choosing an educational institution, the process of processing and collecting the necessary documents, as well as the receipt itself, can take quite a lot of time and effort, so you need at least a year before the expected start of the training, or better even earlier.
As in many countries, Canada has state schools as well as private boarding schools , but the former are more numerous than the latter. State schools are obviously held by the state and accept only Canadians for children (both girls and boys). Despite this, in many public schools in Canada, various specialized educational training programs are available to foreign students. In the framework of training on such programs, students live either in hostels or in a host Canadian family, study in depth one of two foreign languages (usually English, but many schools also offer French). Subsequently, students of such courses can count on assistance from public schools (in the form of consultations and support) in the process of enrolling in universities in Canada.
Private schools in Canada are also represented by a large number of schools, in which, however, only 10% of small Canadians are enrolled. Private schools in Canada have some advantages for students in public schools:
- In each class there are fewer students on the training - this favors the effectiveness of education and allows teachers to take full advantage of the individual approach to each child;
- When teaching in private boarding schools, students are offered to stay in spacious student residences on the territory of educational institutions, in addition to living in host families. Thus, children from different countries will study and live in the same place.
- In the overwhelming majority of cases, private living conditions achieve better conditions for living and learning than in public ones - and in terms of infrastructure development (some schools have their own basins and even hockey arenas), and from the point of view of academic education (through the involvement of experienced teachers).
- While all public schools in Canada are co-educational, private schools offer the possibility of separate education.
- Private boarding schools in Canada are more prestigious than public ones, and graduates of the most prestigious and elite private boarding schools in Canada easily enter the leading universities in Canada and around the world in the future.
School Entry Process in Canada
Firstly, in order to successfully enter any school in Canada, you must pass the exam to the level of English, as well as examinations in basic disciplines. However, before this, you must correctly fill out all the necessary documents for admission, provide a report card with grades for the last 2 years of schooling in Russia, as well as recommendations from teachers or the director of the school. It must be remembered that the collected Russian documents must be translated and notarized.
In order for a foreign student to be able to receive schooling at an educational institution in Canada , he is required by law to have a guardian, who is a Canadian citizen who assumes responsibility for the child while he is studying. In fact, he acts as a parent for the time of the absence of the child in his native country. The guardian with the child - themselves or together with their parents - fill out a special questionnaire. At the very beginning of admission to any school in Canada, you must pay a registration non-refundable contribution (up to 200 CAD). After approval of the submitted documents, the future student is invited to a personal interview with the headmaster of the school of Canada, which, however, can take place either by phone or Skype. At the end of all formalities, you will need to wait for the official decision on enrollment, after which it is important to do a student visa.
Ways of accommodation of pupils during training in schools of Canada
Private boarding schools in Canada provide students with comfortable and spacious student residences. Foreign students live 1-2 people in a room in which there is everything necessary for a full and comfortable study and living. In addition to the schoolchildren themselves, the residents of the residences also have school staff who provide child safety and are also ready to help students solve any domestic or academic issues.
Estimated cost of schooling in Canada
The cost of schooling in Canada as a whole is more affordable than the prices in the US or the UK, but in Canada there are a huge number of educational programs and training options that can also cost as a country house in the suburbs. When choosing an educational institution, it is necessary to consider the following important factors:
- The degree of prestige of the school in Canada;
- Available ways to place students at the time of training;
- Catering for students (in most cases, full board is offered - meals three times a day);
- The need to pay a registration fee for the submission of documents for admission (in different schools the amount of this contribution is different);
- The cost of necessary textbooks and school uniforms;
- List of activities included in the out-of-class cultural program, etc.
In general, the cost of school education in Canada's private bookings can range from 12,000 CAD to 70,000 CAD per academic year. In addition to this amount, you must additionally pay the cost of living - about 11,000 CAD for the school year.