Summer English for kids in Canford Junior Summer Camp
Junior Academic Discovery
- Dates: 11 - 25 July; 25 July - 8 August; 1 - 15 August
- Duration: from 2 weeks
- Intensity: 15 hours per week
- Start level: Upper-Intermediate (B2)
- Age of students: 8-11 years
- Classes up to 15 students.
The program is suitable for students who already know English, have experience in learning it. This is an option to learn English not from the basics of textbooks, but through different school subjects:
- English Literature
- Sciences (natural).
This format of classes helps to learn how to use English in practice, in its natural academic environment, to quickly tighten up grammar and vocabulary. This is especially useful for those students who plan to continue secondary education abroad, to enter foreign (English-speaking) schools.
Language learning takes place in an interactive, live format with an emphasis on oral speech. Teachers arrange discussions and debates, round tables, project tasks, improvisational and role-playing games for children. This is the best option to develop communication skills and overcome the language barrier as quickly as possible! Every week there will be test tasks that will help to see the progress of each student: it can be a competition within the classroom, a presentation or a scientific project, a challenge between groups, a writing exercise, a theatrical mini-performance or a role-playing game.
The course is usually divided into thematic modules (up to a week each) - variants of modules:
- The History of Early Explorers: geographical and scientific discoveries that changed the world are the best example and motivation for students to develop creativity, critical thinking;
- Creative Writing and Storytelling: an indispensable skill in the age of the Internet, especially useful for those who are thinking about a career in a digital environment.
- Tudor Science: A History of Life and Science in the Seventeenth Century – For Example, What Kind of Medicine Did People Use Back Then?