ITMO University has launched a postgraduate program in the field of artificial intelligence. Students will develop in different areas related to the study and development of AI. At the end of such postgraduate study, you will become a candidate of physical and mathematical sciences. Training will be held in accordance with the new nomenclature of the Ministry of Science and Education.
Alexander Bukhanovsky, Director of the ITMO National Center for Cognitive Development, notes the high demand for artificial intelligence in such areas as education, medicine, and economics.
The list of the main disciplines of the program includes speech and natural language processing, automatic machine learning, generative design and many others.
Since AI is already being introduced in many areas and this carries a certain threat of unemployment, there is a need to train specialists (candidates of sciences) who could control this process from the side of fundamental science.
How does AI live among us today?
To understand how great the role of artificial intelligence is at the moment, we will give examples of how it already replaces a person at the moment.
- The Amazon Go chain store operates without vendors and cash registers. Purchases are made using the application, neural networks, cameras that recognize faces.
- There is machine learning: AI uses anonymized personal data to, for example, make automatic mailings, offer certain advertising in accordance with your interests.
- In the Moscow metro installed cameras capable of recognizing faces. This is called deep learning: AI learns to recognize images, speech.
- Also, artificial intelligence is engaged in social prevention (thanks to Big Data), identifying extremists, suicides, preventing crimes. However, Big Data expert Artur Khachuyan noted that the definition of suicidal people and drug addicts is quite difficult: if a person publishes depressive content, this does not mean that he is planning suicide.
- With the help of artificial intelligence, natural language processing is carried out. This is done by chatbots and voice assistants.
You can enter in a remote format. Registration on the university's website and filling out a personal account are required, then the system automatically generates the necessary documents.
The applicant is waiting for two exams - a foreign language and the corresponding specialty. In addition to English, you can pass German or French. If you have a proof language certificate, it will be automatically read.
The exam in the specialty will be aimed at testing your knowledge of linear algebra, probability theory, optimization. The question will also be asked about what the neural network is, what are its differences from linear regression.
Holders of diplomas of the All-Russian Student Olympiads will be given additional points upon admission.