Summer mathematics course in Rochester Independent College
- Language of instruction: English
- Age of participants: 13-16 years
- Dates: July 10-August 20
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Intensity: 20 lessons per week
- Classes up to 15 students
- Level for starting: Intermediate (B1) + basic knowledge of mathematics.
Mathematics is a universal language for the whole world, the basis of most sciences, a necessary component of the academic development of every student. In the Summer Mathematics course, students will study both specialized exact knowledge and areas with which mathematics is closely interrelated:
- Engineering (advanced level)
- Computer Science (advanced level).
Students will work with "pure", and with applied, and with higher mathematics. What they will learn:
- Graphic theory
- Mosaic calculus
- Group theory
- Complex numbers
- Golden ratio and Fibonacci proportion
- Conical sections
- Codes and ciphers
- Probability theory.
Of course, in the process of studying these sciences, students will also raise the level of English - this is facilitated by international classes.
Each week, course students prepare their Time to Shine projects: these are group research presentations that are discussed with the entire class.
What is already included in the price?
- Accommodation and meals (full board)
- Tuition (20 hours per week)
- Leisure programme and entertainment (evenings and afternoons)
- Excursions – 2 full day (minimum)
- Company Certificate and Achievement Report
- Transfers (Heathrow and Gatwick airports, St Pancras Eurostar station).