art and design courses in Rochester Independent College
Art and Design
- Language of instruction: English
- Age of participants: 13-17 years
- Dates: July 10-August 20
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Intensity: 20 lessons per week
- Classes up to 12 students
- Level to start: Intermediate (B1).
The Summer Art and Design course is specially created for students aged 13-17 who are passionate about creativity, with an unusual mindset. The program will give them the opportunity to get acquainted with specialized media, improve the level of English and presentation skills, develop critical thinking, learn more about marketing and teamwork in this area, participate in a collective creative project that will combine cinema, creativity, fashion and care for the environment. It's an opportunity to find your voice in the big world of art.
Fine arts, sculpture, architecture, writing and storytelling, cinema – the possibilities of self-expression will be almost limitless. Much attention is paid to practice - on it students will reinforce and approve all the theoretical knowledge gained.
Useful master classes will help to hone a variety of skills:
- Get your pencil moving — development of creativity, the ability to embody ideas, the fight against the fear of "clean slate";
- What do you see? – the image of everything that surrounds the student, in the author's, unique manner;
- Art Therapy – expression of feelings and emotions through creativity;
- Everything we touch in a day is self-expression and relationship with society (based on the book By Paola Zuccotti).
All students of the course participate in Time to Shine projects. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your unique talents, join the global design community, and develop teamwork skills. Every week, projects are showcased on campus: this will help participants gather feedback, feedback from viewers and connoisseurs, colleagues and new friends. Here's what Time to Shine might look like:
- Creative creativity is the maximum freedom of choice! The team chooses a single theme and forms on its basis its own message to society, using any artistic forms.
- The film is a global vision of the topic/problem expressed in the video.
The course is complemented by interesting, diverse and exciting extracurricular activities that will also help students express their unique "I", show talents and creativity. For example:
- Fashion show (not only the creation of models, but also a beautiful presentation, a selection of music, lighting, timing, show structure, etc.).
- Photo contests (supported by the annual Sony photography awards). All shift participants, camps and school employees vote for the best photo, so you will have to try hard!
A big plus of this course is the ability to enter the created works in your personal portfolio. Even unfinished works, sketches and drafts will be useful: if you plan to further connect your life and career with creativity, art, the portfolio will become your main argument when entering specialized educational institutions.
What is already included in the price?
- Accommodation and meals (full board)
- Tuition (20 hours per week)
- Leisure programme and entertainment (evenings and afternoons)
- Excursions – 2 full day (minimum)
- Company Certificate and Achievement Report
- Transfers (Heathrow and Gatwick airports, St Pancras Eurostar station).