English+summer vacation in Queenswood private boarding school
- Dates: from 3 to 30 July
- Duration: 2-4 weeks.
In the summer camp, children are offered an intensive, effective English course combined with active rest and entertainment. The program provides for the rest of children of different ages: 10-13 years, 14-15 years and 16-18 years, for each group, developed its own educational course and its own set of activities interesting to a specific age.
The intensity is 32 lessons per week: this is enough to quickly and effectively improve the level of English, to develop basic skills - reading, listening, writing and speaking, to expand vocabulary. Before the beginning of the lessons, all children undergo testing, which determines their basic level of preparation and distributes them to the appropriate classes (no more than 10 people each). A small number of students in the group makes it possible to practice an individual approach, to carefully treat each student, to monitor his progress and achievements. In general, the scheme of pastime and studying in the camp is as follows (for each day):
- 4 lessons of general English
- 2 individual lessons with the teacher
- 2 lesson-seminars on the selected topics. It can be journalism or debate, film academy or pop music, business English or English culture, preparation for the chosen exam or testing.
Also it is possible to study proficiently conversational English, to devote time to fitness or fashion and design.
Additionally, children can exercise at their own discretion:
- Mountain bike
There are a lot of interesting and informative excursions, tourist walks, which are arranged at least twice a week. Participants of the summer camp go to London and Windsor, inspect the ancient buildings of Oxford and Warwick, time and shopping are on the legendary Oxford Street and Harrods. For an additional fee, tours to the Thorpe amusement park, musicals and performances, and concerts, a trip to the Harry Potter museum at the Warner Brothers studio, where the legendary ribbon about the wizard boy was filmed, are organized.
The price of the program includes:
- Studying on the selected course (32 English lessons per week)
- Accommodation and meals (residence, full board)
- Meeting and seeing off (airport)
- Daytime and evening entertainment, leisure activities
- Excursion trips
- Access to the Internet
- Free use of the entire school infrastructure
- 24-hour childcare and a full guarantee of their safety (including during studying, excursions and trips)
- Initial knowledge level testing
- Certificate at the end of the course
- Medical insurance
- Textbooks, books and materials.
The price is not included and paid separately:
- Consular fee (paid at the embassy);
- Refundable deposit;
- Air tickets in both directions;
- Trip to Torp Park at fixed dates;
- Visit to the musical in London (including the show itself, dinner and transfer);
- A visit to the Harry Potter museum.