High school program in St. Paul American Boarding School Beijing
Like most other institutions of the NACEL network, the St Paul American School specializes in the High School Program: teaching children in high school from 7th to 12th grade. The main goal is not only to give children a quality education, but also to prepare them for life in a modern multicultural society, to teach them to respect and accept other traditions, points of view and opinions. This is the basis for world cooperation, the basic principle of peaceful coexistence of all religions, nations and cultures.
A fairly wide range of subjects covering all fundamental fields of knowledge is being studied:
- Natural sciences: physics (+ in-depth), biology, anatomy, chemistry (+ in-depth), general universal course, environmental sciences
- Chinese language: levels from 1 to 6, preparation for the HSK exam at levels from 3 to 6, advanced Chinese course
- Literature (in English): composition, art writing, speech and communication, world literature, American literature, creative writing
- Mathematics: algebra (elementary, advanced), geometry, computation (including initial and advanced courses)
- Social and human sciences: American government, US history, world history, geography, economics, sociology.
There are also elective disciplines that students can choose at their own discretion:
- Information technology (IT)
- Digital art
- Web design and development
- Theatrical and dramatic skills
- Symphonic music
- Physical culture and sport.
There are intensive English courses (mainly for those students who plan to take international tests and exams), elective courses for colleges and universities.