The tourism sector is considered to be one of the most attractive for the activity, as it always becomes one of the most developing industries in the world from year to year. Also, due to the fact that the tourist sphere and others adjacent to it are growing and expanding tirelessly, the demand for specialists with specialized education is growing in them.
It is worth noting that study in the hospitality industry and tourism abroad can open up to a young specialist a world filled with a variety of opportunities to build a brilliant career. Active and sociable people who have in their arsenal a stock of ambitions, different ideas and eager for their incarnations, are guaranteed to find their place in the hotel or restaurant business.
One of the most pleasant advantages of such education is the opportunity to work anywhere in the world! Abroad, this sphere is flourishing, so you can find a good place even at the initial stage with minimal experience. In addition, during the educational process, the universities of the industry prepare their students in conditions that are very close to real life. So graduates of high schools are already professionally savvy shots ready for work.
You can qualify in hospitality, restaurant or hotel business in many countries - in the UK , Spain , China - however we recommend choosing Switzerland as a place to study. At least because in this country the sphere of tourist business is the most popular direction for study. For other reasons, read on.
The advantages of studying in Switzerland
So, here are some facts that will help to understand why this country is the best place for obtaining a profile tourist education:
- Due to the location in the central part of Europe, Switzerland takes on its territory a huge flow of tourists and really knows the sense in creating comfort and first class service
- Educational methods that are used in Switzerland in the field of hospitality, in addition to the theory focused on practicing practical skills, including various internships, so recognized as one of the best in the world.
- Leading Swiss universities of hotel business and management rank first in the world rankings: for example, in 2013, the famous universities Glion and Les Roches were ranked among the top three universities from the list of TNS Global Survey. In 2015, according to the edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards, Glion University took the first place among the hospitality institutes around the world.
- One of the key advantages of the Glion and Les Roches institutes is their focus on practical skills training for students and technical equipment for these purposes: there are demonstration kitchens, restaurants and hotel rooms equipped at all on campus institutes.
- In addition, Swiss universities have extensive connections with leading industry organizations around the world, where students are offered various internships: such brands as Hilton, Four Seasons, Bloomberg, Louis Vuitton, Disneyland, Booking, Apple, Mandarin Oriental, Hyatt, The Ritz-Carlton and many others.
- Swiss institutions offer all the necessary training programs, from language training to admission and ending with a master's degree and an MBA.
Educational directions in Swiss universities
The Swiss institutes Glion and Les Roches offer students specialization in the following areas:
- Hotel business
- Spa Management
- Cruise business
- Eco-tourism and sustainable development
- Digital Marketing
- Personnel management and motivational programs
- Retail in the premium segment
- Brand management in the premium segment
- Catering business
- Organization of conferences
- Spa centers and private clinics
- transport and logistic
- Public relations
- Sports management
- E-Commerce in the premium segment.
As practice shows, more than 80% of students have several job offers by the time they graduate. That is not surprising, after all young men already during study work out necessary professional skills, being trained in real conditions on the basis of 5-star hotels or мишленовских restaurants.
In addition to faculties at the university, students choose for themselves the most high-priority curriculum - starting with a fact-finding for schoolchildren and ending with higher education and a business course for industry professionals:
- Summer programs. The 1-2-week introductory courses will allow high school students and first-year students to become more familiar with the sphere of tourism, and understand what it means to be a student of Glion or Les Roches
- Language programs. Here, everyone can prepare for admission to the Swiss universities. In the period from 10 to 20 weeks of the training course, applicants will practice spoken language skills, improve academic English and expand the stock of professional vocabulary
- Undergraduate. Educational program of higher profile education lasting 3.5 or 4 years, which is intended for school leavers. Such a diploma will give its holder the opportunity to start a career in international circles and take managerial positions as soon as possible after graduation
- Diploma programs. This is a rooted educational course, giving the student an opportunity to start working in the industry or to continue his studies at the undergraduate level. The duration of the program is 2.5 years
- Postgraduate programs. A two-year educational course for those who have already reached certain professional heights in tourism, but wants to expand their career opportunities or enter the international market. Also suitable for specialists from other fields as an additional education
- Master or MBA. The program, which for 1-2 years, industry professionals and managers will be able to improve management skills, build new connections at the international level, and discover new ways of career development.