Introduction to Architecture in Oxford St Hugh’s College Summer School
Introduction to Architecture
- Age: 13-15 years old
- Dates: July 5-18, July 19-August 1, August 2-August 15
- Duration: 2 weeks.
The program for the introduction of architecture for students aged 13-15 includes an introduction to the basic principles of architecture and the history of European countries. The program is great for those guys who want to connect their profession with architecture, or vice versa, want to understand what awaits them in this direction.
Qualified teaching staff will teach students various aspects of architecture, from design principles to space planning. The curriculum includes planning legislation, building management rules, gaining skills in project development, creating architectural drawings and building models.
Topics covered in the Introduction to Architecture course:
- Theoretical Foundations of Architecture
- History of architecture in Europe
- Principles of Design and Spatial Planning
- Planning laws
- Building Control Rules
- Design: development and construction of architectural models manually or in digital format
- Architectural and drawing practice.