Summer leadership program in Yarnton Manor Oxford Summer School
The Summer Leadership Program (Global Leadership Program)
- Age of students: 16-18 years
- Dates: August 12-25.
The Summer Program of the Global Leadership Program will familiarize high school students with the main issues that all world leaders, politicians and countries are facing today. Lectures, discussions and seminars will reveal the peculiarities of conditions - political, social, economic - in which the most important decisions of the modern world are taken, their influence on international geopolitics. The course includes classes on the following topics:
- Politics and modern international relations
- Economic context of modern politics
- Political debate and interactive workshops
- Human nature - personality and society
- Equity and social justice, well-being
- Art of government and government
- Key political ideologies
- Economic globalization
- Change in the world order in the XX and XXI century
- Identity and culture
- Nuclear weapons: proliferation problems and disarmament policy
- "The World in 2035"
- Development of analytical and critical thinking
- Skills of debates and discussions, oratory and reasoned criticism
- Development of leadership qualities + team building.
Up to 15 people are engaged in each classroom; the intensity of the lessons is from 20 hours per week. At the end of the program students will receive a solemn closing ceremony, where everyone will receive a corporate certificate indicating personal achievements and successes, as well as a design portfolio contest.