Summer law course in Yarnton Manor Oxford Summer School
Preparing for law schools (Law School Preparation)
- Age of students: 16-18 years
- Dates: August 12-25.
An effective thematic course is aimed at those high school students (16-18 years old) who plan to enter law schools, to receive higher education in law and jurisprudence.
During the summer course, the students will not only deepen their academic and language skills: they will purposefully prepare for enrolling in the chosen university, increasing their self-confidence and their chances of enrollment. The course includes the following options:
- The practice of writing essays on legal topics under the guidance of specialists who have extensive experience in this field
- Discussions and seminars with invited experts of world level
- Assistance in drafting an application, forming a package of documents
- Preparation and training for a personal introductory interview
- Preparation for the LNAT profile exam
- Development of commercial awareness: consideration of opportunities for internships and working practices, analysis of the legal services market in the UK
- A visit to the Royal Court in London - a review of the real criminal process, monitoring the work of different employees
- Compilation of defensive / accusatory speech on the given example: improvement of oratorical skills, skill of reasoned argumentation,
- Consideration of the features of the UK legal system
- Development of critical, logical, analytical thinking.
Up to 15 people are engaged in each classroom; the intensity of the lessons is from 20 hours per week. At the end of the program the students will receive a solemn closing ceremony, where everyone will receive a corporate certificate with personal achievements and successes.