Coding courses in Lady Margaret Hall Summer School
Summer Course coding (Introduction to Website Coding)
- Age of students: 13-15 years
- Dates: 1-28 July.
Programs on coding and creation of web design can become the strongest motivation for future education and career development: today it is one of the most demanded, dynamic in the development of industries, where qualified specialists are constantly required. Students expect both practical and theoretical studies aimed at acquaintance with the principles of website development, its functionality, design and interface. The educational program includes:
- Front-end, back-end and full-stack development
- HTML5 (the language of hypertext markup and the main programming tool)
- Basic HTML5 tags, their correct use and capabilities
- CSS (cascading tables and modeling of the page style)
- Syntax and principles of work of various development practices
- Review of actual problems and tasks of modern programming and web design, search for non-standard ways to solve them
- Adaptive frameworks
- The possibility of translating other languages into programmable codes.
At the request of the student, a two-week coding course can be combined with a computer literacy program and IT (Computer Science) or a robotics course.
Classes include up to 10 people; the intensity of the lessons starts from 20 hours weekly (including practical classes on development) + at least 2 thematic excursions + master classes, lectures and seminars with invited specialists and speakers. Teachers practice an individual approach and, if necessary, can quickly adjust the educational course in order to increase its effectiveness for each student. At the end of the course, students will also receive a solemn ceremony of awarding, handing out personal certificates indicating personal achievements and successes.