Business and Enterprise Program in Lady Margaret Hall Summer School
Business and Enterprise Program
- Age of students: 16-18 years old
- Dates: August 16-29
- Duration: 2 weeks.
A two-week program for high school students is dedicated to the study of economics, business management and practical skills in applying this knowledge. This course is perfect for students who plan to enter the business area at the university.
All students of the course are distributed in small groups of up to 15 people. As part of the curriculum, students will learn the basics of accounting, finance, marketing, human resources and business ethics. Classical lessons will be complemented by practical seminars, which are based on the acquisition of skills such as presentation and leadership skills necessary to achieve business goals. Students will be divided into groups for teamwork - they will have to develop their own business idea and defend their project.
In the final, students will have the following skills:
- Understanding of basic economic models, business models, and management practices;
- Formation of different business goals, familiarity with the factors affecting total income and value;
- Competent motivation of employees from the manager, skill to assess the failure of a business;
- Experience in resolving ethical issues;
- Getting relevant experience that can be used in resumes;
- Improving teamwork skills.