English + tennis lessons in Nike Tennis Camp in England (Lancing College Tennis Camp)
- Age of students: 10-17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Academic intensity: 12.5 hours per week (3 lessons per day, each for 50 minutes);
- Sports intensity: 20 hours of training weekly (4 hours per day).
About the educational course: The course combines universal English language course (available for students of any level of initial training) and training in big tennis under the guidance of professional athletes and qualified coaches.
On weekdays for 4 hours a day students improve their sports skills, playing skills, strength and physical endurance. Groups are recruited according to the level of skill and age of the students, but each coach works with no more than 8 students at a time to make it possible for everyone to pay personal attention.
In addition to training directly on the court, students will watch videos of training and game processes, analyze them, find and further correct their personal mistakes, get acquainted with new techniques, tactics and subtleties of the game. During the training all key skills will improve:
- Ball Feed;
- Correct movement on the court;
- Different types of strokes;
- Types of game tactics, work with different types of opponents;
- Attacking and defending game;
- Strengthening physical endurance;
- Speed development;
- Development of muscles, leg strength, etc.
Regularly held friendly games and matches, small tournaments and sports days (within groups with approximately the same level of play), and for players who can beat their own coach, there is a special prize!
Each student receives a brand-name set of Nike sports equipment:
- 2 T-shirts;
- 2 pairs of shorts (for girls - 2 sports skirts);
- Sport suit;
- 2 pairs of socks;
- Waterproof windbreaker.
The academic course of the English language is universal, quite intensive and accelerated, it harmoniously combines with physical training. In each class, no more than 16 people are engaged: before the beginning of education, all children undergo an introductory testing, which determines their initial level of preparation and distributes them to the appropriate group (age principle is also taken into account). The training course is aimed at developing and improving all key, basic language skills:
- Auditing (listening comprehension);
- Oral speech (spoken English);
- Written speech;
- Phonetics (correct pronunciation and accent correction);
- Vocabulary (vocabulary expansion);
- Basics of syntax.
The main attention is paid to the development of communicative, speech skills, the removal of the language barrier and the expansion of the stock of words.
After the completion of the program, each student will be able to take all the working materials, notebooks and manuals with him - not only to show off his successes to the family, but also to continue training according to the recommendations of the teacher (a full report with advice is received by each student after the course). Subsequently, the acquired knowledge and skills help children to pass such difficult exams as ELTS, IGCD, Trinity, ESB (and in advanced groups even separate classes are given preparation for these tests).
Dates of the summer camp for players of any level:
- Weekly program: 3, 10, 17, 24 July;
- Two weeks course: 3.17 July.