Associate degree in Moraine Valley Community College
CAREER PROGRAMS ("career", or work programs)
1. Age: from 18 years old
2. Duration: 2 years
3. 40 specialties in 14 areas
4. The possibility of finding employment right after receiving a diploma
5. Ability to enter universities.
The so-called "career" (or working) programs are intended for students who want to get a job right after graduation. Two-year courses lead to the degree of the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and the opportunity to work in companies and organizations that correspond to their profile. Training is conducted in 14 areas and 40 specialties, each of which gives a certain profession and skills necessary for professional activity. Many specialties can be supplemented and expanded by passing the certificate program, and this can be done without detaching yourself from the main study. The curricula include lectures and seminars, group work and individually, creative projects and master classes. A lot of time is given to practical classes, since all specialties require the ability to perform specific tasks. Teachers and mentors do their best to help students solve all the difficulties that arise. Foreign students receive effective support for the development of the English language and there are special seminars on adaptation to the university lifestyle. Graduates of working programs have a good chance of finding employment in a relatively short time - employers highly value specialists leaving the college walls. It should be noted that career programs do not directly lead to a transfer to universities - in principle, further education for the purpose of obtaining a bachelor's degree is possible, but for this it is necessary to fulfill a number of conditions. Direct transfer to universities for the third year of the undergraduate program is provided after the transfer programs.
Directions and specialties of career programs (all specialties lead to the degree of the Associate of Applied Science (AAS)):
1. Architecture and Engineering:
2. Arts and Design (Arts and Design):
3. Business and Finance (Business and Financial):
4. Community and Social Services:
5. Computer and Information Technology (Computer and Information Technology):
6. Education, training and library (Education, Training and Library):
7. Food Preparation and Serving:
8. Health Care:
9. Installation, maintenance, repair (Installation, Maintenance and Repair):
11. Office and administrative support (Office and Administrative Support):
12. Personal Care and Service:
14. Protective Service:
The cost of training in career programs (Career Programs): from $ 345 / credit, from $ 8600 / year.