- Benefits of studying in Dubai
- Which school is best - private or public
- Features of choosing a private school in Dubai
- Top 3 boarding schools for foreigners in Dubai
- Prices for training in schools in Dubai
Learn in a prestigious private school with a high rating and live in a country of eternal summer - which can be easier if you choose Dubai. Where there was only a desert a hundred years ago, today is an international business, financial and tourist center. Every year it becomes more popular among families who choose their boarding school abroad for their children .
Benefits of studying in Dubai
- The number of private schools in Dubai has increased several times in recent years;
- Schooling in Dubai is considered prestigious - it is recognized by top universities and companies around the world;
- The students of Dubai schools have access to academic programs of the leading countries of the world: the USA, Great Britain, Germany, Canada and others;
- Education in schools in Dubai is conducted in English, in addition, students must additionally learn Arabic and another foreign language;
- Dubai is one of the most developed and safe cities in the world;
- For Russian schoolchildren in Dubai, both private boarding schools and public schools are available;
- 80% of the inhabitants of Dubai came from other countries, so teaching in schools in this city is comfortable for foreigners.
In Dubai, there are more than 170 schools that train almost 300 schoolchildren from 180 countries. Due to the fact that most of the residents of Dubai are expats, the entire education system is fully adapted for foreigners. 30% of schools work under the British system of training , in the others programs of the different countries - France, India, Canada and many others are accessible.
Schoolchildren from abroad can go to state educational institutions on a commercial basis, however, the training in such schools has a number of features:
- Mandatory separate type of training. After the seventh grade, boys and girls in public schools are engaged separately;
- In all public schools, religious education is required and Islam is studied;
- In most public schools, children learn not in English , but in Arabic.
For these reasons, most foreign students choose to study at prestigious private boarding schools in Dubai.
When choosing a school in Dubai, parents take into account several important factors:
- Rating and prestige of the school;
- School location: although most private schools provide children with a free transfer, to save time it is better to choose a school near your place of residence or school-boarding school;
- Type of academic program: depending on the institution that the child plans to attend, you can choose a school with the British, American, Swiss and other programs, as well as an international baccalaureate (IB);
- Availability. Some prestigious schools in Dubai are so popular that waiting list queues can take several years.
- Admission procedure: some private schools require an internal examination, an interview or testing, in addition to the standard package of documents. This must be taken into account when choosing a school and enrolling in it.
- Kent College Dubai is a branch of a prestigious British educational institution, featuring state-of-the-art educational buildings, residences, and a developed sports infrastructure. Here, optimal conditions are created for foreigners to stay. The campus has everything you need for comfortable living and effective learning. Schoolchildren are trained in the A-level and IB programs. The cost is from $ 26,700 per year.
- Swiss International Scientific School is a private international school for boys and girls from 3 to 18 years old. Since the age of 11, students can live on a boarding house - today the number of boarders is 350 people. Representatives of more than 60 countries attend the school, most of the students come from Russia, the United States, France, Switzerland, Britain, Canada and Germany. Students are engaged in the programs of Swiss Federal Maturite and IB. The cost of training ranges from $ 61,000 per year.
- Repton School Dubai - a prestigious school-board of mixed type, a partner of the British school of the same name from the city of Repton . At school, 2000 people are studying more than 67 nationalities. The philosophy of the school is the phrase "The best - for every child." Despite the fact that the school is considered quite large, each child here is treated in a special way, appreciated and in every way developed his personality. Students are engaged in the IB program. The cost of training ranges from $ 37,100 per year.
The UAE government has been keeping the cost of tuition in private schools under control since when in 2014 they raised prices so much that boarding in the UK was cheaper for parents than in Dubai. Now the cost of studying in a private school in Dubai directly depends on the rating and popularity of the institution. Also, the type of academic program has an impact on the cost: in "British" schools prices are, on average, more expensive than in others. The training year will cost from $ 10,000 in educational institutions easier to $ 100,000 in the top schools.