Mathematics is included in the compulsory school curriculum both in Russia and in foreign schools , both private and public . Ability to mathematics is the ability to read and analyze data, to think logically, to apply confidently rules and theories, to correctly solve multistage and complex problems.
In Moscow, children planning to study in foreign private schools (in the UK , the US , Europe, Switzerland ) can also take effective preparatory courses in English! Assistance in admission is offered for children 9, 11, 13 years (plus or minus a year or two): this will help students at any age successfully pass the entrance examinations in mathematics, even in the most prestigious foreign schools.
Yes, Russian students have shown a great level of mathematical training abroad abroad for a long time: this is a fact: in many foreign schools the mathematics program seems to Russian students to be too simple and obvious. But there are also significant "transitional" difficulties. The main one, of course, is connected with the development of terminology in English - the preparatory course will help to quickly expand the stock of profile, thematic vocabulary.
The second difficult task is the difference in the curricula. So, already in the middle classes, a student of, for example, a British or American school solves many problems for logic, statistics and probability theory - whereas in Russian schools these topics are at best studied in 10-11 grades. The analysis of a variety of information (the basis of the Problem Solving course) is also a strong point of Western schools: here students are constantly offered tasks, where it is first necessary to work out the correct algorithm for solving, to make some examples or actions, and only then to try to achieve the final successful result.
The course consists of several sections:
- Algebra: algebraic formulas and expressions, theories and identities, functions
- Numbers: integers and fractions, various operations with them; Calculation of degrees and roots, solution of tasks with percentages and proportions, correct rounding
- Geometry and trigonometry (Shape and measures): the study of geometric figures (quadrilaterals, prisms, circles, triangles, etc.); Theorems of sines and cosines, reflection, rotation
- Handling data: probability theory, working with data and analysis, working with tables, comparison.
All training blocks are devoted to one of the following topics:
- Multiplication and division (Addition \ subtraction)
- Square and cubic powers of numbers (Square and cube numbers)
- Statistical problems
- Angles and trigonometry (Angles)
- Interest, decimal shares (Fractions \ Percentages \ decimals)
- The main mathematical factors (Prime factors) and many others.
Thanks to the great experience of work, qualified specialists will provide you with the actual types of assignments and examinations, I can work with real problems, based on materials for the past years, to provide test samples. The approach can be found to every student: both gifted in the mathematical field, and with weak initial training data. Preparing for entering the school using mathematical courses is an effective and simple solution for Russian children and schoolchildren.