Undergraduate Preparation Program in Marymount California University
- The beginning of the program: January 9, March 20, June 12, August 28
- Duration of studying: 1-6 semesters (usually 2 semesters and summer session)
- Class size: up to 15 people
- Intensity of studying: 25 hours of classes and 15 hours of independent work every week
- Minimum requirements for admission: any level of English; completed high school.
- Age of students: from 16 years.
A special program is designed for effective preparation for undergraduate students at US universities. This course develops intellectual and linguistic abilities and skills, provides an opportunity to obtain valuable academic skills necessary for American universities. The minimum duration of studying is 1 semester, the full duration of the program depends on the initial level of student preparation, its academic needs and requests. In the process of teaching, students work in small groups (so that the teacher can give each individual the right amount of individual attention). Regular reports and intermediate examinations are provided - they help to see strengths and weaknesses, to strengthen studying in this or that sphere, to optimize the educational process. Interesting and useful seminars are held on various profile topics:
- Research using scientific databases
- Citing the MLA
- Cultural excursions and trips
- Effective work with library sources
- Time management
- Social activity, volunteering
- Leadership Skills and Skills
- Orthography and Phonetics
- Rules for writing official letters, "electronic etiquette"
- Organizational abilities
- Ways to avoid procrastination, reasonable time management.
You can see the cost of living, other expenses and necessary surcharges in the basic information about the university.