Летняя языковая школа DLD College Summer School
Description of Летняя языковая школа DLD College Summer School
- Location: London, England,
- Established: 1931,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
DLD College is one of the first colleges in the UK and the only purpose-built school in the heart of London. The institution has a long history, well-established traditions, regular excellent assessments of commissions, and modern infrastructure. During the academic year, the college teaches first-class programs for school-age students, and during the calendar holidays, short-term thematic courses for children from 7 to 17 years old.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Летняя языковая школа DLD College Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation in the boarding house is provided to students from 13 to 17 years old. Students are accommodated in single bedrooms with private bathrooms, but also have the opportunity to live with a neighbor: an already familiar friend, relative or local student if desired.
Residents of the boarding house are provided with three meals a day, which are served in the large dining room. A qualified team of chefs pampers children with dishes of different cuisines, prepared according to all the rules of healthy eating. If a student has dietary, medical, or religious dietary restrictions, culinary specialists will take this into account.
Full-time students also have access to meals during their stay on campus.
Activities Летняя языковая школа DLD College Summer School
The capital of England is known for its vibrant culture and rich history, world-class museums, historical sites and, of course, red buses! Students will be able to walk the streets and feel like they are on the set of films such as Harry Potter, Oliver Twist and James Bond. In their free time, students have the opportunity to explore London's shops, cafes and restaurants.
Each course includes trips to local attractions, visits to museums and entertainment centers, tourist trips to Oxford, Cambridge, Windsor and Brighton.
- The opportunity to study on the campus of one of the best colleges in the country,
- Specialized courses,
- Learning English among native speakers,
- Comfortable living and learning conditions,
- Visiting the main attractions of England.
Facilities and equipment at Летняя языковая школа DLD College Summer School
The DLD College campus is within walking distance of London's main attractions: the Houses of Parliament, Westminster, the National Gallery, the Tower of London and The Eye, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace. Near museums and historical sites, there are shopping districts where students can buy souvenirs and have fun.
The entire school infrastructure is open to students of vacation courses:
- State-of-the-art classrooms, including music, arts, drama and photography studios,
- Specialized scientific laboratories using new technologies,
- A large atrium, a public space for communication, relaxation and self-study,
- Dining room and dining room,
- Gyms and outdoor areas for team games.
Wi-Fi access is available in all areas.
The college cares about the well-being of its pupils, so the campus has 24-hour security, round-the-clock support and staff control.
Admission dates and extra charges
Summer holidays on the DLD College campus take place in July and August. Students can choose one or two weeks of training.
- When staying in a guesthouse
- Daytime option
- Medical Course
Afternoon programs run Monday through Friday, from 8:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Boarders do not leave campus until graduation.
When accommodated in a residence, the cost of the program includes:
- 20-27 hours of training in a standard course, depending on age, or 40 hours in a medical course,
- Study materials,
- Accommodation, meals,
- Transfer from the airport,
- Events and trips.
The cost of full-time tuition includes:
- Academic studies,
- Study materials,
- Afternoon activities.
List of additional fees for all courses:
- Off-schedule transfers,
- Courier delivery of letters - 75 £,
- Premium room for accommodation - £ 50 per week,
- Changes in booking conditions: student's name, arrival date, etc. – £50.
For admission to one of the courses, the applicant must:
- Fill out an online application form,
- Provide the required documents,
- Expect a positive response on admission: availability is a decisive factor in enrollment,
- Pay £500 to book a seat,
- Get a visa with the help of an invitation to study,
- Pay the remaining amount of tuition and arrive on campus.
Certificates issued to graduates complement the personal portfolios of students and show their diligence in learning, specialized knowledge and skills.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants must provide personal documents: passport, visa or residence permit in the UK, medical insurance. It is important to take care of the validity of documents in advance, as the country has special requirements for foreigners.
The level of knowledge of the English language is not important for enrollment, but the student will be more comfortable with conversational skills (from B1).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Летняя языковая школа DLD College Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.