English courses in Burlington School of English
Brief information: general english course (year-round), which will suit all students, regardless of the level of basic training. The program is aimed at the systematic and gradual development of all the basic language skills:
- Listening (listening comprehension).
About the educational program: there are 7 levels of difficulty for the educational course (from the beginner to the advanced). It is also possible to choose the intensity of the lessons independently - from 15 to 40 hours per week. There are different time sessions, the availability of additional thematic modules. So, international students can choose a base intensity of 15 hours a week and add the necessary, priority modules and topics, increasing the intensity to 20-40 hours a week.
Educational modules and their advantages:
- Fluency Workshop (colloquial practice, small groups, language level from elementary):
- Active development of listening and speaking;
- Improving pronunciation;
- Expanding vocabulary;
- Functional English, idioms and stable expressions, communication strategies are studied.
- Grammar Workshop (grammar, small groups, language level from elementary):
- The study of grammatical structures and features of their use;
- Improving the understanding of written speech;
- Mastering the creative approach to language, various role games and modeling.
- Writing Workshop (language level from medium):
- Perfection of written speech:
- Formal and informal style;
- Text analysis.
- A particularly valuable course for professionals who constantly deal with documentation and office work;
- Adjusting and improving the existing skills.
- Exam Preparation Workshop (Cambridge ESOL, language level from advanced):
- Specially created for students who want to successfully prepare and pass the Cambridge Advanced Examination exam.
- Exam Preparation Workshop (IELTS, language level from upper intermediate):
- Intensive, effective preparatory course.
Each module can be combined with any other and with any major programs.
There are also thematic courses designed for students with a sufficiently high level of knowledge. The courses will help to deepen and actualize knowledge in the priority area, improve the cultural or educational level. A total of 15 lessons are offered at the General English course and 5 thematic lessons each week.
List of thematiic courses and their advantages:
- For teachers of English:
- Developing advanced and traditional methods of teaching English as a foreign language;
- Using audio and video materials, creating handouts, information technology;
- Lessons in mini-groups.
- Academic English:
- Improving academic performance for better chance to enter a UK university;
- A large number of independent studies, homework and independent work, profile preparation for IELTS testing.
- For medicine:
- Profile terminology;
- The structure of reports and presentations;
- Reading and understanding medical texts on the selected topic.
- Cultural learning:
- In-depth study of English from a political, cultural or historical point of view;
- United Kingdom today (sub-theme);
- Life and literature of English masters (sub-theme);
- Visiting thematic sites, interesting and educational excursions (for a small additional fee).
Duration of the lesson - 45 minutes.
- In the mornings (15,20,25 lessons per week);
- After lunch (15,20,25 lessons per week);
- Full Day (30,35,40 lessons per week).
Tuition fee already includes:
- Learning on the selected course;
- Initial testing of the level of knowledge (on arrival);
- Teaching materials and manuals (basic);
- Company certificate at the end of the course;
- Sports and entertainment events (basic).
Options are paid additionally:
- Air tickets in both directions;
- Registration fee;
- Selection of accommodation option;
- Additional study materials;
- Examination fees;
- Additional lessons;
- Supplement for accommodation in summer, peak season;
- Transfer in both directions (on request);
- Accommodation (see below);
- Extra food;
- Consular fee (paid at the embassy);
- Excursions and trips;
- Medical insurance;
- Courier delivery of a visa invitation (DHL).
- Host family (private room, room for 2 people, options with own bathroom and internet access);
- Residence, room for 2-4 people;
- On special request:
- Student homes;
- Half board;
- Only breakfast;