- Language camp in the suburbs of London: affordable educational programs for schoolchildren
- Children's language camps near London: the best choice
- The cost of studying in the language schools of the suburbs of London - prices, list, rating, reviews
Vacations in the UK are not only useful pastime for children, schoolchildren and students, but also vibrant emotions and wonderful vacations from working days! Even a two-week shift in a language camp abroad will help foreign and Russian students significantly improve their English proficiency, overcome the language barrier, make international acquaintances and, of course, become more familiar with the culture and traditions of this amazing country. London is ideal for all these purposes, because in the city and its environs there are many linguistic schools and language centers.
Vacation camps in London and near it are not only study, but also rest. Many summer schools in the proposed training courses combine with the study of English various activities: sports, creativity, intellectual pursuits. Leading language camps organize not only purely academic programs, but also thematic ones - for example, adventure, sports and so on.
Language camp in the suburbs of London: affordable educational programs for schoolchildren
Usually foreign summer camps for studying English for foreigners and Russian students of different ages are organized on the basis of private schools , colleges or universities , and linguistic camps abroad are designed not only for schoolchildren and for children with zero language skills. Young people older (17-18 years) can also be trained at British training centers during the summer holidays. Linguistic camps abroad are popular among high school students - many come here for the summer to prepare for the passing of international examinations in English and enter a prestigious university.
The learning environment is largely dependent on the specific school, or rather, on its location. On the one hand, it is interesting to study in London, especially since there will be a lot of sights in the walking distance of the students. However, many elite language schools and camps prefer the location not in a noisy city, but in a quiet and quiet suburb, and within an hour's drive to the British capital is a large number of educational institutions.
At the same time, the curricula and main tasks of language schools abroad coincide regardless of their geographical location. Linguistic vacation schools are designed not only to give students certain knowledge related to the English language, but also to help each child develop personal qualities: to show independence, responsibility in making some decisions, initiative and so on.
The daily routine is similar: the first half is devoted to academic lessons, and after lunch time - physical activity, visits to study groups and studios. Also, during the week, excursions are organized to nearby British cities. In general, the educational process in vacation camps abroad runs from Monday to Friday, and on weekends, children can rest on their own on campus or join a cultural and entertainment program from the school's management. In the evenings, various social events are organized for children, aimed at consolidating their knowledge in an informal atmosphere, as well as communicating with fellow students from different countries - quizzes, talent shows, discos and so on.
Children's language camps near London: the best choice
Here are some schools in the suburbs of London that are perfect for learning English for foreign and Russian students:
- Embassy Mile End . The camp is located not far from the British capital. The language school for 12-17 year olds is located on the campus of Queen Mary University . During their studies, children live in the student hostel, and on the territory of the school there is everything necessary for training and recreation - sports grounds, a library, a canteen, a leisure center and much more. Of course, one of the main excursions for the students of this language center will be a study tour to London. In addition to the standard language program, the Embassy Mile End prepares for the Trinityspoken exam.
- Mill Hill Summer School . This prestigious boarding school is located half an hour's drive from London and is one of the country's leading boarding schools for teaching children from 13 to 18 years old. In summer the training center along with the academic program of the English language offers lessons in mathematics, science, creative and sports directions. Children are accommodated in the hostel on campus (boys and girls separately), where they are under supervision 24 hours a day. The number of study hours per week is 15 lessons. Possible duration of the training course: from 2 to 8 weeks.
- LAL . The summer school of this international educational network is held on the territory of the British top university near London - St Mary's University. The Twickenham area, where the university campus is located, is considered the birthplace of rugby, so this language camp is perfect for those who love this sport. The building itself was built in 1850, and today the school has the most modern equipment: spacious classrooms, libraries, sports grounds and so on. It offers educational programs for students aged 12-17, weekly for 20 lessons.
- Thames Valley Epsom . The English language training center Thames Valley has been organizing foreign language courses for foreign and Russian students for more than 40 years. Summer vacation schools Thames Valley recruit children and schoolchildren from 9 to 17 years. In the London area, courses are organized at Epsom College, located a few kilometers from the British capital. The college has a comfortable campus: it has its own 25-meter swimming pool, several tennis courts, sports grounds, recreation areas and so on. Educational load - up to 25 academic hours per week. Pupils of language camps live in a comfortable residence on a full board basis.
The cost of studying in the language schools of the suburbs of London - prices, list, rating, reviews
The cost of a summer linguistic camp in a suburb of London will depend on several factors - such as program, study season, type of residence. A language camp with a boarding school or host family will cost between about £ 1,000 and £ 1,700. Training in the camp on a daily basis will cost a little less - 900-1000 pounds sterling in 2 weeks. Separate items of expenses remain the registration of insurance, visas and pocket expenses of the student.