- Learn English in Oxford: Study Abroad
- Tuition fees in Oxford language schools: prices, ratings, reviews
Oxford is a great place to learn English for foreign and Russian children, schoolchildren and students. The British city, located an hour's drive from London , is known all over the world primarily thanks to the leading university of the same name, which regularly falls into the TOP institutions of the world. This university has trained several dozen Nobel laureates and many representatives of the intellectual, political and creative elite.
This youth city is literally imbued with the atmosphere of students, so foreign and Russian students in vacation camps await an unforgettable pastime. The language camps of Oxford harmoniously combine study and rest. British linguistic schools are not only linguistic, but they can also have a thematic direction - academic camps, adventure, sports and so on. Such educational camps combine various activities with learning English.
Learn English in Oxford: Study Abroad
In the summer months, language courses for foreigners start from the middle of July and continue until the end of August. In Oxford language schools, children and adolescents from 8 to 17 years old can enter the summer with any language level - there are programs for both children with zero language knowledge and for children with a certain base.
Linguistic camps abroad are organized on the territory of boarding schools or higher education institutions - universities or colleges. This means that foreign students in English schools will have all the conditions for comfortable learning and living. In foreign educational institutions, excellent campus infrastructure and excellent technical equipment: spacious classrooms, cafeteria, various sports grounds and much more.
Curricula in language schools and Oxford camps can be divided into several types depending on the linguistic goals of the students:
- Standard program "English + events"
- Thematic programs "English + sport / art" (it can be football, dancing, horseback riding, painting and so on)
- The program of preparation for the international exam IELTS .
Children's and youth programs of the Oxford linguistic camps and language schools are organized roughly according to the same principle: the English language course includes 15-20 hours a week (on an intensive program of 25-30 lessons). The educational process takes place in small international groups of up to 15 people - students are distributed according to age and the starting language level. The first half of the day is reserved for academic studies, and after lunch the students have time for thematic activities, visits to clubs and interest sections. Every weekend, the students undergo a cultural program - excursions to the nearby English cities: London, Bath, Bristol, Cambridge and not only.
On the territory of Oxford, there are several dozens of linguistic centers and language schools, among which there are leading prestigious camps, very popular among Russian and foreign students:
- St. Clare's Oxford . This prestigious private college , which is located in a suburb of London. During the year, the language center organizes the IB Diploma program for high school students, and during the summer holidays conducts an international course in English for students aged 10-17. The study is offered on a full board basis at the school's residence, or in a host family in the UK. In St. Clare's Oxford foreign and Russian students will find many programs for different age categories.
- OISE . This language school organizes summer educational programs of varying intensity for children and youth in different cities of England for more than 40 years. OISE training courses are distinguished by an individual approach to all students and a high level of offered educational services. The full-time language camp in Oxford is located at the base of Brasenose College , which is part of the famous university. For students aged 14-17 with an advanced level of language, an intensive English course is offered - 30 academic hours per week. Even for two weeks of training students can significantly improve their level of fluency in speech and confidently interact in English. The OISE language school is perfect for high school students who plan to continue their studies at a British university.
- Kings Summer . This network of international training centers also has its branch office in the city of Oxford. Kings Summer Summer Camp is organized on the territory of the school . Josephs , where the training takes place throughout the year. The campus of the school has all the necessary infrastructure and is located in a quiet urban area. For the summer here come guys from 14 to 17 years with knowledge of English above the average. The weekly program includes 15 hours of studying a foreign language a week. In the classroom, the students work with the main aspects of the language (grammar, vocabulary, conversation, etc.) or are trained to take the IELTS international exam.
- Embassy Summer Oxford Brookes University . The language school offers its students a thematic training program, that is, the study of English is combined with tennis, football or other activities. The language camp is suitable for pupils from 12 to 17 years old, with any language level at the start. The school itself is located on the campus of the University of Brooks, which is located in the suburbs of Oxford. It is only an hour's drive from London to the capital, and students can get to the historic places of Oxford even on their own.
This is not all the best and top centers and camps for learning English in Oxford - a complete list you can find on our website.
Tuition fees in Oxford language schools: prices, ratings, reviews
Prices for learning English for children, schoolchildren and students depend on the duration of the training and the selected training. The most elite camps can ask for a 2-week educational program of about 2-3 thousand pounds sterling, although the average cost of study in a student city is still lower - from 1.2 to 2 thousand pounds. Also, the final cost is affected by the chosen accommodation option: a camp with boarding (accommodation and meals on campus) will cost more than a day school. True, in the second case, the issue of placing a child in Oxford parents will have to be puzzled additionally.