A-Level program in Kensington Park School
Kensington Park School is distinguished by a strong and effective academic preparation for middle and high school students, especially at the Sixth Form stage. At school, the main program for students aged 16-18 years is A-level, the gold standard of British education, which gives an opportunity to enter even the most elite and privileged universities without additional entrance examinations and tests.
A-level is designed for 2 academic years. All subjects students choose independently, there is no list of compulsory disciplines here: this makes it possible to prepare as efficiently as possible for enrollment in the chosen faculty and specialty, and pay close attention to the most priority scientific areas. For the first year (AS-level), students choose 4-5 disciplines, of which only the most important 3-4 remain.
Items can be selected from the following list:
- Film Studies (film and film production)
- Government & Politics
- art and design
- Computer Science and Informatics (ICT)
- dramatic art and theater, acting skills
- the photo
- English literature
- higher mathematics
- Italian language
- Religious Studies (Theology)
- theatrical studies
- business courses
In addition, students can supplement the personal plan and non-exam subjects that they may need to enroll and study at a partner university: for example, if they plan to enter Shanghai Jiao Tong University, they can attend a Chinese language course (Mandarin dialect).
The teachers of the program are qualified, experienced specialists, mostly specializing only in the A-level program and working as examiners at the final tests of this course. In each class there are no more than 10 people; additional eduactionincludes thematic lectures, discussions, master classes and useful excursions, visits to interesting museums, galleries and universities.
The school has the opportunity to pass both a classical A-level course with a length of 2 years, an accelerated one-year course, and a 5-semester program (for students coming in January, not in September).
The academic year at Kensington Park School, like in other British schools, is divided into 3 terms:
- from September 15 to December 15
- from 9 January to 23 March
- from 16 April to 29 June.
Tuition fee depends on the chosen program, its direction and subjects (the price is indicated for 1 person for 1 trimester and 1 academic year respectively):
- A-level: annual = 8200 £ / 24600 £, two-year (classical) = 7500 £ / 22500 £, 5-semester (check in January) = 7650 £
- Academic English course = £ 825 / £ 2475
- Preparing for Oxbridge = £ 950 / course
- Preparation for Ivy League universities = £ 1200 / course
- Preparation for medical exams BMAT / UKCAT = 950 £ / course.