Kazan is one of the oldest and most beautiful cities in the Republic of Tatarstan, which rightfully received its title "The best city for life in Russia" in 2019. Tourists are happy to come here to relax, admire the beautiful nature and visit local attractions and monuments.
But the determining factors, thanks to which Kazan entered the TOP-10 cities attractive for living, were:
- Developed infrastructure
- Good ecological environment
- Convenient transport links.
According to a survey conducted among residents, the highest results are noted in the following indicators:
- Convenience of the city for life - 87%
- Work of housing and communal services - 57%
- Residential buildings condition - 68%.
The main advantages of living in the best city of Russia are:
- Beautiful architecture
- Rich nature: picturesque parks, forest-steppe zones, rivers and lakes
- The thousand-year history of the city is perfectly combined with modernity
- In Kazan, 2 religions and cultures are perfectly adjacent to each other
- Each resident can easily choose cultural events and entertainment to their liking
- High level of medicine
- A large number of prestigious higher education institutions
- Kazan is a sports city.
The third capital of Russia: the best places of the ancient city
The first thing worth paying attention to in Kazan is the Kremlin. The most beautiful building is not only the "heart" of the city, but also keeps a rich history. The amazing architecture of buildings of the XII-XX centuries perfectly combines the Russian and Tatar cultures. On its territory are the following objects of historical and cultural heritage:
- The Annunciation Cathedral, built in the 16th century, is the oldest building in the complex of buildings of the Kazan Kremlin
- The Kul-Sharif Mosque is one of the largest and most beautiful mosques in Europe and the main Islamic temple of the Republic of Tatarstan
- The Syuyumbike Tower is the pearl of the Kazan Kremlin. Because of its strong vertical tilt, it is often called "falling". The tower got its name in honor of the legendary woman in the history of Islam, who ruled the Kazan Khanate for several years
- Kremlin towers
- Palace church
- Presidential palace
- Cannon yard
- Spaso-Preobrazhensky monastery
- Junker school.
A walk along the embankment will allow you to enjoy a stunning view of the northern wall of the Kremlin, a picturesque sunset that happens here in the summer season, and the beauty of the opposite bank of the Kazanka River. The embankment offers a large number of entertainments for every taste:
- Cafes and bars
- Children's and sports grounds
- Bicycle and skate rental
- Social events (exhibitions, creative evenings), etc.
Temple of all religions
The Temple of All Religions is a unique architectural complex that combines all the iconic elements of world religions.
While walking around Kazan, you should definitely visit one of the cult places - the oldest pedestrian street named after Bauman, located in the historical center of the best city in Russia.
One of the modern attractions of Kazan is the Palace of Landowners, which got its name due to the fact that the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tatarstan is located here. The key element of the building and the symbol of local farmers is the tree, which is very beautifully illuminated at nightfall.
Family center "Kazan"
A very unusual and interesting place in Kazan is the Family Center, in which many couples are united by the sacred bonds of marriage. The construction is made in the form of a cauldron, symbolizing abundance and fertility. The observation deck, located on the roof of a unique building, allows you to enjoy a stunning view of one of the best cities in Russia.
The pride of Kazan is a beautiful blue lake, which actually consists of three lakes and is located not far from the city. Pure, blue, transparent water has healing properties, as there are deposits of blue salt mud at the bottom of the reservoir, which help with skin diseases.
Interesting buildings, historical sights, good environmental conditions and high satisfaction of the population with the standard of living make Kazan one of the best cities for life in Russia.