- The cost of training
- How to study under the MBA program
- Organization of educational process, leisure and communication of students
- Criteria for the selection of programs
The first step in selecting an appropriate program MBA is to study the lists of business schools accredited by the world organizations working in the field of business education.
This is the AMBA - Association of MBAs, which accredits more than 150 Programs not only in Great Britain , but also all over the world. It sets high educational standards:
- the optimal ratio of British students and students from other countries;
- the required number of teachers per number of students;
- admission requirements - grades in diploma, work experience;
- the level of qualifications of the teaching staff;
- the diversity and flexibility of the programs.
Other accrediting organizations are the AASCB in USA (The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business) and the European EQUIS - European Quality Improvoment System.
The cost of training
Training in the MBA program is not cheap: for example, business schools accredited by AMBA, set prices from 18 thousand pounds. The money invested in training pays off by applying the acquired knowledge in work, career prospects and their implementation. During their studies, students receive comprehensive support at all stages of training, establish useful business contacts. Some business schools provide scholarships and discounts for special occasions.
How to study under the MBA program
MBA - this is not a fashion for an expensive master's program, but a practical necessity. It gives an opportunity to combine the acquired knowledge on the theory of management with practical experience. The program is useful for managers of all levels, civil servants, scientists, engineers, and many others.
Students of one group with the help of highly qualified teachers study management in all its relevant aspects. Moreover, they pass on their professional experience to each other.
All MBA programs involve the performance of at least one non-academic, but quite real project that has a real customer, with documentary accompaniment of at least 25,000 words. The program also includes visiting successful companies, tasks that simulate real business processes. The majority of well-known and accredited programs accept for training people with experience of supervising work not less than 3 - 5 years.
Organization of educational process, leisure and communication of students
In British business schools, special zones are allocated for MBA programs. They include not only classrooms for classes, but also places for recreation, cafes where students can meet in an informal atmosphere, establish business ties. Such a comfortable arrangement creates and maintains a corporate spirit. Business schools have career support services.
The organization of studies, recreation and communication can be a major factor in choosing an MBA program. The format of the proposed programs in different schools is different: some business schools offer part-time MBA, others practice traditional full-time full-time education throughout the year. There are also joint programs in which students study on campuses of different universities and receive a double diploma at the end.
Criteria for the selection of programs
Summarizing the above, one can recommend candidates for MBA training to conduct a thorough analysis of business schools and programs on the following criteria:
- availability of accreditation;
- the content of the programs;
- the ability to adapt courses to their own needs and objectives;
- qualifications of teachers;
- availability and performance of career support services;
- tuition fees and the opportunity to receive a scholarship or discount;
- organization of the educational process and its equipment;
- information about the career of graduates of a particular business school.