- How many years of training in the UK?
- How do they study in English schools?
- What is taught in English schools?
Education in England has traditionally been considered one of the most prestigious in the world. British schools are known for their high level of education, and the English education document provides new opportunities for continuing education. And, of course, life and study abroad provides invaluable experience.
How many years of training in the UK?
Study for children in England begins much earlier than in Russia: usually children go to the first preparatory school from the age of 4 or Even earlier. Since the age of 5, education is compulsory. Therefore, the totalThe British school is about 13 years old - children complete their secondary education at 18, after which they usually enter .
How do they study in English schools?
So, what exactly is teaching in the UK school? To begin with it is worth noting that schools in England are represented by two types:public and private. The first are more for local residents, and the latter are ideal for students from other countries. Regardless of which type of school to choose, the process of obtaining secondary education will be divided into several stages.
1) To begin with, the child goes through primary school - the same as in Russia. Here he studies up to 12-13 years, studying the order of 12 mandatory subjects.
2) Then the children move to secondary school, where they study until age 16. In the final of the secondary school, students take the final exam and receivea certificate of completion of secondary school (as a certificate in Russia), which gives them the opportunity to enter college.
3) The third stage of education is higher education. Here, children are preparing for admission to university until they are of legal age, and the program is designed to meet this requirement. In higher education the emphasis is on those subjects that will be necessary for admission to the university. Completing the training at this stage, the students also pass the final exam. And most importantly: according to the results of this exam, young people can already be enrolled in the university without going through any additional tests at admission (for example, afterA-level programs ).
What is taught in English schools?
In England, schools can also be divided into educational institutions only for Boys, only for girls and mixed. Also there is a large selection of schools with different bias: with sports (football, tennis, track and field, horse riding, swimming), natural, humanitarian, creative and others.
Regardless of which school to choose, you can be sure that in schools in the UK children are taught discipline and independence. Particular attention is paid to the development of such things as:
- Leadership qualities. The educational institutions of England have always been oriented to bringing up a strong personality within their walls, a person capable of capturing others;
- Sports training. Much attention is paid in the training program to sports, as it contributes to the development of leadership qualities of the child, helps to be aimed at the result, and team sports teach interaction with other people.
- Own point of view. In schools in the UK today, discussion clubs are also popular, where schoolchildren are taught to speak in front of an audience and defend their point of view while preserving their face.
- Discipline and responsibility. The program here is built in such a way that the child has to make decisions on his own and make his own choice in favor of a particular subject. The English school helps the child become more responsible and independent, because the training program itself encourages him to make a decision or take the initiative.
- Comprehensive development. The traditional English school strives to make its pupils versatile people. That is why education involves the study of at least one foreign language. Also, along with general subjects, students can study art, music, cinema, etc.