If during your trip there has come an insurance event provided by your policy, then each insured has two options for the development of events:
- The insurer company directly communicates with the clinic and the doctor in your host country and pays all current expenses promptly (in this case, there are no payments for return home)
- You yourself pay for all necessary medical procedures, medicine expenses and specialist admission (for example, if the insured event relates to illness or injury), and upon return to your home country the insurer company reimburses all the funds spent according to the terms of the policy.
Of course, the mechanism of payment of compensation you specify even before the time of registration and payment of the policy - and all the additional information you can find out on the emergency telephone line from the operator. All expenses (if you pay them yourself, counting on payments) must be agreed with the official representative of the insurance company.
In order to receive legal payments, you need to contact your insurance company in your home country no later than the period prescribed in your contract and policy: usually it is 1-2 months. Be prepared to provide the following documents:
- Written application for an insured event
- Actually insurance policy
- Executed medical documents: diagnosis, date and state of health at admission and referral to a doctor, description of the procedures performed, medications taken, duration of treatment
- Prescribed medicines must be accompanied by prescriptions signed by the attending physician
- From the pharmacy you will need checks for all medicines you bought
- If you received - directions for laboratory research (the date, name and cost of the service or analysis should be indicated)
- An invoice from every medical institution where you were assisted (necessarily on a letterhead with a stamp)
- Accounts from transport or courier companies that you were forced to use
- Accounts from organizations that organized the repatriation of the insurance client (including posthumous repatriation): check that they have been indicated the dates, name and price of each service
- Documents and checks on payment for each service presented
- Originals of travel documents (tickets)
- The details of your bank, if you received compensation by a non-cash transfer (a personal account must be indicated) - is required if you previously received a partial reimbursement of expenses
- The bill for a phone call on an emergency line.
All documents must be translated into the language of the country in which the insurance company operates (for the Russian Federation it is, respectively, Russian) and notarized.